• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Return of NDI 75: Veteran Service Card [Merged]

It's common in the states and the public goes out of their way make sure to identify if someone is a veteran or not and makes sure they get whatever support is offered. They do so in part because they have useful ID cards which veterans carry. ( Types of Veteran ID cards | Veterans Affairs ) So, in your opinion, a few less American Vets shouldn't go around and project their status to the public?
I don't care what Americans do, they can do whatever they want. We live in Canada though and are a different Country.

Endlessly clinging on to the Veteran/Milirary Identity is unhealthy and is a significant impediment to successfully moving on with life after separation from the service.

I don't care what Americans do, they can do whatever they want. We live in Canada though and are a different Country.
Funny, I thought there were a lot of cultural overlaps. :unsure:

Endlessly clinging on to the Veteran/Milirary Identity is unhealthy and is a significant impediment to successfully moving on with life after separation from the service.
That's a little extreme considering we are talking about ID cards. I don't carry around my old Blockbuster card and lament about the 'Be Kind - Rewind' days.

But it makes for great movies ;)

angry gran torino GIF

It does have some good perks, although it's very irritating that more organizations recognize the CFOne card than the actual vets ID.

Edit: And I hadn't even read the part about how you will need to use your CFOne card for this, not your Vets ID. Some places will only accept CFOne and some systems are set up so you need to provide a CFOne number, service number won't work.

And I hadn't even read the part about how you will need to use your CFOne card for this, not your Vets ID.
No, it says you can use the Veterans Service Card or the CFOne card for Parks Canada. I'm sure you're right that the CFOne card is recognized more.

No, it says you can use the Veterans Service Card or the CFOne card for Parks Canada.

Oh good then, happy to be corrected as that would be embarrassing.

Not true for all things though. GoodLife fitness, provincial parks in Alberta, for sure require a CFOne number. It's weird.

It does have some good perks, although it's very irritating that more organizations recognize the CFOne card than the actual vets ID.

Edit: And I hadn't even read the part about how you will need to use your CFOne card for this, not your Vets ID. Some places will only accept CFOne and some systems are set up so you need to provide a CFOne number, service number won't work.
I requested a CF One after my release to replace my serving member card. They refused until I gave them copies of my release documentation.

I declined since they have had a non zero number of data breach issues, and so despite being long retired I still have a serving members' card.

I declined since they have had a non zero number of data breach issues, and so despite being long retired I still have a serving members' card.
The NDI 20? They didn't make you give that back on release?

The NDI 20? They didn't make you give that back on release?
Before retirement, he had several made up using AI software that enhances, ummm, his age. He’s good for perpetuity and apparently a legend.

The commissionaires won't let me onto a non-operational/"open" base using my Vet ID.

Haven't tried my CFOne card yet...

Back