• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Retro Pay & Allow 1Apr 2014 - 1Apr 2017

Good news folks, PSAC has closed the CRA file 1.5-2% increase and it expires on October 31

marinemech said:
Good news folks, PSAC has closed the CRA file 1.5-2% increase and it expires on October 31

Read reply #156.

armyman7877 said:
So is that a yes or No? It get's a bit confusing to read because I'm french.

Don't feel bad, I'm English and it's difficult to follow.  I don't speak pay clerk or admin clerk for that matter.  :nod:

jollyjacktar said:
Don't feel bad, I'm English and it's difficult to follow.  I don't speak pay clerk or admin clerk for that matter.  :nod:

It's not them.  Like CountDC, said, we just need Scott Brison, John McCallum, Bill Morneau, Jane Philpott, Jean-Yves Duclos and Catherine McKenna say "yes" to whatever it is that DND asks for...easy peasy! :not-again:

Regards
G2G

Good2Golf said:
It's not them.  Like CountDC, said, we just need Scott Brison, John McCallum, Bill Morneau, Jane Philpott, Jean-Yves Duclos and Catherine McKenna say "yes" to whatever it is that DND asks for...easy peasy! :not-again:

Regards
G2G

Shows how little you know [:D We just need Gerry Butts permission for Scott Brison, John McCallum, Bill Morneau, Jane Philpott, Jean-Yves Duclos and Catherine McKenna say "yes" to whatever it is that DND asks for [:'(

Lightguns said:
Shows how little you know [:D We just need Gerry Butts permission for Scott Brison, John McCallum, Bill Morneau, Jane Philpott, Jean-Yves Duclos and Catherine McKenna say "yes" to whatever it is that DND asks for [:'(

...then you've got to add Katie Telford...  :nod:

armyman7877 said:
So is that a yes or No? It get's a bit confusing to read because I'm french.

L'Agence du Revenue a conclut une attente avec le Trésorier, sur leur entente collective, avec les augmentations économiques suivantes :

1er novembre 2012 – 1,5%
1er novembre 2013 – 1.5%
1er novembre 2014 – 0.75%
1er novembre 2015 – 0.75%

À noter que ces chiffres remontent à une convention collective qui est venue à échéance en 2012 - cela fait quatre ans que l'Agence négocie (ou ne négocie pas, ça dépend du point de vue). Cette convention collective vient à expiration le 31 octobre 2016, donc ce sera un retour à la table des négociations pour l'Agence dans l'année qui vient.

Rough English summary of the above. The collective bargaining agreement (CBA) agreed upon by the Union of Taxation Employees (UTE) and TBS contains the basic economic increases noted above (1.5, 1.5, 0.75, 0.75), which covers the four years (2012-16) during which UTE has been in negotiations with TBS. The CBA expires 31 OCT 16, so it's back to the drawing table for UTE in the near future.

The big group which may have the greatest effect on CAF pay rates is the PA/SV/TC, the three largest bargaining groups represented by PSAC, which have been without a CBA since 2014. Those three gps total more than 100,000 employees, while UTE has roughly 25,000 employees.

A neat note, UTE has reserved the right to renegotiate the economic increases for 2014 and 2015. I gather they're keeping an eye on what economic increases the other bargaining groups may get.

The "file" is not closed. The agreement is tentative, pending ratification by the UTE membership.

(I had the above info provided by my union rep, through links to the info accessible on the PSAC Web site.)

Good2Golf said:

Regards
G2G

No, I get it that it's not their decision. I mean I don't speak the language they're explaining shit in...

Hi, I've read through most of this post and Im still a little confused. So the CAF usually gets a raise every year? Ive been in since June of last year, so would I get any back pay if there is a raise? Thanks to anyone who could help.

When they adjust our pay with a raise here and there, they are usually retroactive to such and such a date as these things take time to appear.  If you are due any back pay as a result of these raises, it will be added to your regular pay when it's processed.  Don't worry, you won't lose out of anything.

With these numbers, we don't even break even (4.57% vs 6.08%) when compared to inflation....  I hope there's more on the benefit side of things...

SupersonicMax said:
With these numbers, we don't even break even (4.57% vs 6.08%) when compared to inflation....  I hope there's more on the benefit side of things...

Unfortunately, hope is never a valid COA.

Throughout the tenure of the past government, wage settlements were generally less than inflation, and contributions for pension plans increased significantly. 

So, for example, in 2006, members contributed 4.6% on earnings to YMPE while today it's at 9.05%; earnings above YMPE have gone from 8.1% to 11.04%.

jollyjacktar said:
When they adjust our pay with a raise here and there, they are usually retroactive to such and such a date as these things take time to appear.  If you are due any back pay as a result of these raises, it will be added to your regular pay when it's processed.  Don't worry, you won't lose out of anything.

Thanks for your help

dapaterson said:
Throughout the tenure of the past government, wage settlements were generally less than inflation, and contributions for pension plans increased significantly. 

So, for example, in 2006, members contributed 4.6% on earnings to YMPE while today it's at 9.05%; earnings above YMPE have gone from 8.1% to 11.04%.

but in all fairness this was a COA started by the government prior to that (MARTIN!)  Scared some of ya's didn't it.  One year - we can take this money out of the pension fund as there is lots there to keep it going, next year - we have to increase contributions as there isn't enough in the fund. 

CountDC said:
but in all fairness this was a COA started by the government prior to that (MARTIN!)  Scared some of ya's didn't it.  One year - we can take this money out of the pension fund as there is lots there to keep it going, next year - we have to increase contributions as there isn't enough in the fund.

The increase in contributions has nothing to do with any perceived shortage in the pension fund.  The CFSA is a defined benefit plan, meaning that if there are any shortages, the government (taxpayer) makes up the shortfalls.  The government can't change that without legislation and is highly unlikely to change it as the ramifications would be horrific (i.e. the PSSA and RCMPSA have the same provisions and government would not survive a full scale revolt by the Public Service).  The planned increase in individual contributions is a result of a plan that began under the Chretien government to move the contribution rates closer to 50:50 between the government and the members.  It's been phased in over the years, which is nicer than having it done all at once.

The removal of surpluses from the three pension plans is an entirely different matter and unrelated - although the admittedly, the optics look a little off.

Except 50-50 does not apply to the Retirement Compensation Account...

Back