• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Retro Pay & Allow 1Apr 2014 - 1Apr 2017

BinRat55

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
1
Points
410
Ariconius said:
Ok, so I haven't really been following this whole pay increase topic since I have been out of the reg force and working in civilian land since the beginning of 2017. I had everything sorted out with my pension and claims, so when I saw a big lump of money from the gov't in my bank account at the end of June I was wondering, "Is that actually my money?" Based on the math of retro pay it seems like the numbers work out, I just wanted to make sure.

This whole pay increase topic? Where have you been? Ok, so after reading this thread, and probably dozens of media blogs and social media... are you sure now?
 

BinRat55

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
1
Points
410
Actually, Ariconius, after looking at your profile, I'M not so sure... you list your rank as a recruit. Not sure that a "big" lump sum as you put it would be headed your way...
 

Gunner98

Army.ca Veteran
Donor
Mentor
Reaction score
2
Points
380
dapaterson said:
Yes, the estate should receive it.  I'd suggest contacting the RPPO for detauls; there may be issues to address before it can be released.

Reference: http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/about-policies-standards-queens-regulations-orders-vol-04/appx-04-04.page
The Canadian Forces, as employer, shall initiate payment to a member, a former member or, in case of death, the estate of a former member who is eligible for retroactive remuneration.
 

PuckChaser

Moderator
Staff member
Directing Staff
Mentor
Reaction score
2,131
Points
1,060
BinRat55 said:
Actually, Ariconius, after looking at your profile, I'M not so sure... you list your rank as a recruit. Not sure that a "big" lump sum as you put it would be headed your way...
Previous posts indicate they started basic July 2013. Entirely possible served and released and was entitled to backpay.
 

PuckChaser

Moderator
Staff member
Directing Staff
Mentor
Reaction score
2,131
Points
1,060
Saw this on Morale Toilet, thought of this thread:
5cf14f0bf727ad1bf22b2dc29b48cf8e.jpg
 

PMedMoe

Army.ca Legend
Donor
Reaction score
883
Points
940
Okay, I'm wondering if any other recently retired members have received extra money.  I had a normal pension deposit on 28 June and then another deposit a day or two later but nowhere near what I was expecting as back pay.  Guess I need to call the pension office to see what's going on there. 

:dunno:
 

dapaterson

Army.ca Relic
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
11,418
Points
1,090
PMedMoe said:
Okay, I'm wondering if any other recently retired members have received extra money.  I had a normal pension deposit on 28 June and then another deposit a day or two later but nowhere near what I was expecting as back pay.  Guess I need to call the pension office to see what's going on there. 

:dunno:

Pension office can't help with back pay; that's the job of the Released Personnel Pay Office (RPPO); 1-800-773-7705.
 

PMedMoe

Army.ca Legend
Donor
Reaction score
883
Points
940
dapaterson said:
Pension office can't help with back pay; that's the job of the Released Personnel Pay Office (RPPO); 1-800-773-7705.

Thanks. That's the # I needed.  :)
 

PMedMoe

Army.ca Legend
Donor
Reaction score
883
Points
940
dapaterson said:
Pension office can't help with back pay; that's the job of the Released Personnel Pay Office (RPPO); 1-800-773-7705.

Have now called twice and had to leave a message both times.  FYI, as per the recording, they won't do calculations for you.  They also say if you haven't received your money by end Aug, to call.  I just wished they had sent a statement for the deposit I received.  :(
 

dapaterson

Army.ca Relic
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
11,418
Points
1,090
The GoC needs to get away from its "only access pay and pension info on GoC networks" obsession and permit Internet access.
 

PMedMoe

Army.ca Legend
Donor
Reaction score
883
Points
940
dapaterson said:
The GoC needs to get away from its "only access pay and pension info on GoC networks" obsession and permit Internet access.

Yep.  :nod:
 

PMedMoe

Army.ca Legend
Donor
Reaction score
883
Points
940
So, finally got through to a real, live person at the RPPO.  It seems the one responsible for my letter group is working on the severance payouts.  It appears the measly sum I received at end June is my retro pay increase.  Somehow, I expected more.  Extra severance pay is still to come, but I'm sure that'll be peanuts....
 

dapaterson

Army.ca Relic
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
11,418
Points
1,090
They should be able to send you a pay statement for your retro so you can review it.
 

PMedMoe

Army.ca Legend
Donor
Reaction score
883
Points
940
dapaterson said:
They should be able to send you a pay statement for your retro so you can review it.

You'd think, right?  Apparently the pay system crashed....  ::)
 

dapaterson

Army.ca Relic
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
11,418
Points
1,090
It was actually a network outage at their offices.  But note how thin on the ground the RPPO is. Until the CAF takes pers admin seriously and invests people into the function, problems will persist.
 

Scrumdoctor

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
10
I have a question regarding posting allowance.  I was promoted before my cos date just last month.  when I registered with Brookfield I was corporal, now Brookfield is telling me that I will only receive posting allowance as a corporal because of the retro pay.  What should I do?  I went to the orderly room and had my new print screen and verification of posting allowance and dependants form stamped and approved.  Brookfield will not honor it.

"As we discussed during our meeting yesterday, due to the retroactive pay increase BGRS does not have the authority to update a transfer/posting allowance once we are past your COS date, without authorization from DND. DND will introduce a program to update the Posting Allowances on all relocation files that are affected by the retro-pay and notify the general CAF population with information and instructions."
 

Lumber

Army.ca Veteran
Donor
Reaction score
691
Points
1,090
Scrumdoctor said:
I have a question regarding posting allowance.  I was promoted before my cos date just last month.  when I registered with Brookfield I was corporal, now Brookfield is telling me that I will only receive posting allowance as a corporal because of the retro pay.  What should I do?  I went to the orderly room and had my new print screen and verification of posting allowance and dependants form stamped and approved.  Brookfield will not honor it.

"As we discussed during our meeting yesterday, due to the retroactive pay increase BGRS does not have the authority to update a transfer/posting allowance once we are past your COS date, without authorization from DND. DND will introduce a program to update the Posting Allowances on all relocation files that are affected by the retro-pay and notify the general CAF population with information and instructions."

Seems pretty clear to me... Wait for the instructions...
 
J

jollyjacktar

Guest
I never thought about that.  Should make for a nice surprise bottle of Scotch down the road.  ;D
 

Scrumdoctor

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
10
I understand that there could be direction coming out in regards to retro pay etc.  I am curious if anyone else has encountered this problem?  Is this just a ploy by Brookfield to save money.

This is the second time this posting that Brookfield fed me the "We need authority from DND" crap.  My F&E were to be moved from my house, at a remote detachment.  According to my previous Brookfield advisor, my career manager did not have the authority to authorize the movement of my F&E from the place I was posted to.  I had to staff the issue up my COC 3 times then she was fired.

So, Im just wondering if anyone else has encountered this yet.
 

dapaterson

Army.ca Relic
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
11,418
Points
1,090
Brookfield gets paid a set fee to deliver services for each relocation file that gets opened.  The payments you get do not come out of their pockets; those are 100% paid by the Crown.
 
Top