• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Retirment move overseas

HDRDR

Inactive
Reaction score
Im new to the forum and hoping I can get some answers from other forum members.
I will be retiring after 25 years and will be moving to my wife who lives in Sweden. I cant seem to get an answer on what part of this move will be covered. Ive heard its covered to the nearest border/coast. Brookfield wont give any info out until Ive actually put my release in. I will do a SCAN when available but until then I would like to have some clarification.
Thanks

I'd like to post some links to some specific references but I don't have them handy. Having retired in 2009, I was briefed by the release folks in Ottawa that you can pick a location anywhere in Canada, which I did. So you could get your F&E moved to a suitable city in the Maritimes to get your stuff across the Pond on a boat to Sweden.

You could also have a great yard sale then travel light using your Air Miles ;)

CFIRP Manual (full version is readily accessible to you on DWAN).  At the end of the day, your move will be considered as an "IPR", as such, you would be entitled to all the benefits outlined in Chapter 14.

14.4.03 Move outside Canada when released in Canada

CF members moving outside Canada who are released in Canada shall have their funding based on a move:

10 years of Regular Force service or more as per the criteria table:
· from current place of duty to the port of embarkation or closest border point to the IPR location.

Note: CF members electing an IPR location outside of Canada are responsible for all immigration and customs requirements and costs for the country to which they are moving, prior to the authorization of the move of
(D)HG&E.

Back