• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Results are in.......Hockey

Scratch_043

Reaction score
Unfortunatly, Our Calgary Flames were beaten 2 to 1 just a few short minutes ago.

Well, ya gotta be happy for Dave Andrychuk and Freddie Modin (both ex-Leafs), and all those Canadians on the team.
It's a crap shoot whenever the Cup comes down to a seventh game.

bossi said:
Well, ya gotta be happy for Dave Andrychuk and Freddie Modin (both ex-Leafs), and all those Canadians on the team.
It's a crap shoot whenever the Cup comes down to a seventh game.
Hey the Cup is still ours!!

Why?

Because it was Canadians playing agianst Canadians over all.
How many Americans where on the Teams!

SIGH  :-

Was a great game. Flames played terrible until the last period, then they went nuts. I swear if they had a few more minutes, then they could have tied it. I must say the Tampa Bay tactic of sitting on the puck (literally) on more than one occasion to stop the play was just plain pitiful....but I am a little bitter right now.

As a Canucks fan, I didn't really care who won.   I was cheering for Calgary for three reasons; they were a Canadian team, they were the underdogs, and Jerome Iginla is a pretty class act guy, as well as one of the best players in the game.   Other than that, all the other chips came down on Tampa's side:

- Never won a cup
- LOW salary (lower than Calgarys)
- Lots of good Canadian players (I believe Cherry said 19 players)
- Dave Andreychuk earned his cup.
- Martin St. Louis shows what grit and determination can do, even when they count you out.
- Brad Richards did his part of Canada proud.

All in all, a great series and a great playoff run, does good for the game of hockey.   It just goes to show that Baseball is for fat guys, football is for brutes, and basketball is for thugs; there is a reason Hockey is the best sport in the world.   Hopefully next season arrives smooth and on time.

It's cool that there are so many Canadian players on TB. But it still sucks that Calgary couldn't take it.

I agree, as I posten in another thread last night, the majority of the players on all teams are canadians, so no matter how you slice it, canadians won the cup.

Great game it was, but a charging/bording penalty on a clean hit (at least I think it was) with a minute to go doomed the flames.

I have to agree, I couldn't believe that the refs called that.

I still believe that without the call, and if the call was made on the bolts for hooking, that the flames could have tied the game up, and won it in overtime.

You know what I think it was?  Probably the 1 or 2 seconds after the hit where his stick smacked St. Louis in the face and caused him to bleed, and they just called a penalty to give him one, and not worry about what penalty it actually was.  Sorta sucks that if he were a bigger player he wouldn't have flown so far and the penalty probably wouldn't have been called.

same thing with the Vancouver Canucks in game 7 ;) anybody remember that game ? I guess those refs seem to think it's an american game. Unconclusive in game 6 the flames had that won :)

Here's the count:

Calgary:
16 Canadians  :cdn:
6 Europeans
3 Americans

TB:
15 Canadians  :cdn:
7 Europeans
3 Americans

Yes, I actually went through and counted them.  Man, it better be the weekend soon!

I Guess if you want to put a positive spin on it, the cup will still spend alot of time in Canada, even if it wasn't a Canadian team that won.

Ah well...its sad that Calgary couldn't take it. But we all know that the Leaf's are bringing it home next year.    ;D

yeah, right, dream on buddy
absent_element said:
Ah well...its sad that Calgary couldn't take it. But we all know that the Leaf's are bringing it home next year.    ;D

absent_element said:
Ah well...its sad that Calgary couldn't take it. But we all know that the Leaf's are bringing it home next year.     ;D

It's been 37 years and counting...and you team is nothing but little old men!  ;D

Back