• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Response's To "Ruxted On The Media's Handling Of Cpl. Boneca's Death"

Annon, I've come to the conclusion all I'm doing here is talking to an idiot child.

My original discussion this morning was related to a post by Tony Keene.  He said something I took issue with, and I decided to challenge him on it.  He at least has some T.I. on this site, and a profile so we know who were talking to.  Unfortunately, TK has not been on today from what I can tell, and I've missed the opportunity to discuss the issues rationally.

In the meantime we've been putting up with you.  Your credentials are:

a) NO time on the site

b) NO Profile: and

c) No clue.

You have added nothing to the discussion except to reiterate the same drivel over and over.  You've apparently ignored anything that has been presented to you for rational discussion. I watched the taped interview.  Neither of the people interviewed was a member of Cpl Bonecu's family, immediate or otherwise, yet they are being interviewed as though they would have had inimate knowledge of his every thought word and deed. And their words are being used to create a whole raft of salacious inflamatory "news" reports.

Now, here's the deal.  Fill in your profile (honestly), and come back and participate in a rational discussion.  If you are indeed part of the media, ANSWER some of the questions that have been asked about how things are reported, and clarify some of your statements rather than repeating the same drivel over and over.

Otherwise, I will assume you are nothing but a full fledged troll and henceforth ignore you.

Interesting interview.

Lost 50 pounds. ya that will happen when your humping int he mountains carrying lots of gear.  I lost 20+ points on a 5 week exercise in Alberta.

Said he was going for 7 days, ended up out for 22 days.
Ya that will happen when your fighting an enemy who doesn't give a shit what your plans are.

Ran out of food?  Happens in war.

If I had to find something positive from this story it would be that peoples eyes are opening up in Canada and just maybe their going to realise were fighting a war against a tough enemy trying to kill us and not some feel good humanitarian mission.

Seems his father and family are saying one thing and his girlfriend and her family are saying another?

Either way I'm willing to bet all this media attention effecting his family and girlfriend is the last thing this slain soldier would have wanted. instead of devoting their complete attention to mourning and grieving their being splashed around the news.

Hope this serves as a good lesson learned for soldiers and their families should a situation (unfortunately) arise like this int he future.

Teddy,

Less than credible?  ......

The guy's girlfriend?  His uncle?  Aunt?  Best friend?  Wow, you're way offline.

annon223 said:
Teddy,

The guy's girlfriend?  His uncle?  Aunt?  Best friend?  Wow, you're way offline.

Have you even bothered to read the last few posts?

The guy's girlfriend's dad, who spouted off the most and who released e-mails??

Tsk tsk...no wonder most of us think the media has no credibility.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: scavengers of human misery!

annon223 said:
Teddy,

You consider the girlfriend credible ?  You think she knew what he felt about his job and wether or not he was prepared for it ?

Hell, go ask my girlfriend about what i do.......she knows i fly planes...the rest she doesnt have the first damned clue....would you consider her credible ?

annon223,

Against my better judgement, your to be given one last chance. Fill in your profile, come up with a new and meaningful side to your arguement, and use more than one line, drive by swipes. Get the guys in the news room there to give you a hand. Your clock is ticking.

tick tock..... 10................................9.................................

Oh oh....the ramp's down.  Check.

How's that light looking, especially without a chute?

annon223 said:
Hmmm, other than stiffling reporting, what's your suggestion?

Don't play stupid.

You've got them. Just read the posts. Do you need to be hit in the head with a rock to make you understand?

I suspect annon223 chose that moniker and left the profile quite deliberately...he doesn't want anyone to know who he or she is.  Identifying oneself would require some degree of moral courage.

Anyway, for those who are interested (and I apologize if this was posted already somewhere else and I'm being repetitive), Cpl Boneca will be home in Thunder Bay on Saturday.  There will be a very small and private ramp ceremony for his arrival.  The funeral is on Monday, July 17.  It will be a military funeral.

And if it makes anyone feel better, the media here in Thunder Bay has been giving a lot of attention to Mr. Boneca's statement.  The headline in today's Chronicle-Journal, our local newspaper, was "Fallen Soldier's Father Speaks Up".  The article begins as follows:

"A discomfiting squabble has erupted among the loved ones of Cpl. Anthony Boneca on the even of the return of the soldier's body from Afghanistan.

Boneca's father Antonio went to the lengths of issuing a public statement Tuesday to refute suggestions that the 21-year-old fallen reservist felt misled and disillusioned with the army before being killed in a furious firefight over the weekend.

Boneca "loved being in the army" and was aware of the situation he was facing, his father insisted."

The article does go onto to include a few lines about how this was in "direct contradiction of anguished sentiments" from his girlfriend and best friend.  However, the main emphasis is on Mr. Boneca's proud words about his son.

As I said before, I will carry the good thoughts and prayers of the Army.ca community to the funeral.

Dave Laderoute
LCol
CO LSSR 2001-2004

Thanks for that Sir :salute:

On to other business at hand. 

.........aaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddddddddd ONE!!!

"off the ramp without a chute, JM says bbbbbbbbye-bye"

Fishin' holes closed everyone. No more trolling here!

Teddy Ruxpin said:
And how, pray tell, was this "news"?  Particularly as the media was simply reporting unsubstantiated opinion offered up by sources who were less the credible.  Where were the media's questions?

Wow. Unsubstantiated opinion? Less than credible sources? These were people who knew him and communicated with him often. His best friend, for example. Have you guys even read the newspaper reports, or are you just reading each other's quotes? The Ottawa Citizen had  emails Tony wrote to family and friends. That's first-hand information.
And I read one story where people on this site were quoted to balance out the story.

Why are you all so down on the media?

annon223 said:
Funny,

Check this out and tell me who is to blame for the circus: 

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/HTMLTemplate?tf=/ctv/mar/video/new_player.html&cf=ctv/mar/ctv.cfg&hub=TopStories&video_link_high=mms://ctvbroadcast.ctv.ca/video/2006/07/11/ctvvideologger2_691kbps_2006_07_11_1152615805.wmv&video_link_low=mms://ctvbroadcast.ctv.ca/video/2006/07/11/ctvvideologger2_218kbps_2006_07_11_1152615269.wmv&clip_start=00:00:31.96&clip_end=00:05:47.34&clip_caption=Canada%20AM:%20Larry%20DeCorte,%20friend%20of%20Cpl.%20Boneca&clip_id=ctvnews.20060711.00153000-00153793-clip1&subhub=video&no_ads=&sortdate=20060710&slug=canada_soldier_boneca_060711&archive=CTVNews#ctvnews.20060711.00153000-00153793-clip1

Ya, the media - right?

I wonder if you watched any of the other pieces......hmmmm

SetBax said:
Wow. Unsubstantiated opinion? Less than credible sources? These were people who knew him and communicated with him often. His best friend, for example. Have you guys even read the newspaper reports, or are you just reading each other's quotes? The Ottawa Citizen had  emails Tony wrote to family and friends. That's first-hand information.
And I read one story where people on this site were quoted to balance out the story.

annon223......take #2

SetBax said:

Not down on all media, just trolls like annon223. Don't fall into the same trap.

Btw, still at Global TV?

Geez there Annon, you are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay smarter than us.  We would never think of just going and putting in another profile if we got booted off the board. Way to go Setbax.  The true sign of a troll.

Back