• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

reserves to regs

civvy3840

Inactive
Reaction score
If you transfer to the regs from th reserves for infantry do you have to do all your training again? BMQ, SQ, BIQ? Also would you have to get your trades training redone?

thanks

i think it depends on how long you have been in the reserves... your rank, etc..

Every Component Transfer is handled on an individual case.  It all depends on what Courses you have had and by whom you were taught, and if you are staying in the same Trade.  Another factor that may affect it is the amount of time you may have had on a Class B or C CallOut.  Best bet is to ask at the Recruiting Center.

Ok thanks I had another question but I forget what it is so I'll post it when I remmember. lol

Here are my stats upon transfer to the reg force:
I spent 9 yrs in the reserves.About 50% of that was on full time(B and some C).I did a Total force JLC and was qualified up to 6A in the reserve Artillery(All taught in Gagetown and Shilo).
Upon transfer to the Reg force,I was awarded the rank of Pte IPC 3,with 3yrs2days TCP.I kept my JLC,Driver wheeled course and my TCCS course(102 conversion),plus a recruit school bypass.
I was accepted to a different trade,so I think I did pretty well.No big complaints here.
hope this helps

I my self have 1 yr 6 months in the Pres. I did my BMQ at my unit in the winter and spring of 2004, and did my SQ, and BIQ in Meaford during the summer. I put my memo for a CT in Nov 04. Because I had 54 days of class B from the summer I got a recruit school by pass, as well they also gave me my SQ too (which surprised the hell out of me).So all I have to do is the reg force BIQ.
I am pretty sure 54 days class be will get you a recruit by pass, but as for a pass on SQ I don't know how thats decided, wether its time in, how good you did on your courses etc.
Hope this helps
Good luck.
Pro Patria.

Back