• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserves BMQ/SQ

• Thread starter Christopher
  • Start date
C

Christopher

Do army reservists ever go to St. Jean for BMQ? Or has it always been done locally, at your unit?

as far as I know, only Reg Force guys goto St Jean for basic training

reservist‘s, either goto a reg force base for their basic training(I heard reservists arent doing basic training on reg bases anymore though), or attend one at a local reserve unit

I‘m going to the Seaforth‘s for my BMQ course in Vancouver

On that note, do reservists do BMQ and SQ separately? Or is it grouped together in one course?

the seaforth highlanders are running a BMQ/SQ course this summer

I‘m currently of the BMQ portion of it, as far as I know, once I complete BMQ I go on an do SQ which is next month

BMQ an SQ are two seperate courses, but they can be do right after the other

what does BMQ and SQ stand for...basic miliary quilifications, soldier qualifications? lol, i dunno.

BMQ -Basic Military Qualification
SQ - Soldier Qualification

Hey guys just wondering how you feel about the seafourths, enjoy it? it it a layed back atmosphere, what is the norm for thursdays?
Was reg and now i might be joining you.

Originally posted by Born military:
[qb] Hey guys just wondering how you feel about the seafourths, enjoy it? it it a layed back atmosphere, what is the norm for thursdays?
Was reg and now i might be joining you. [/qb]
lol at layed back. oh god no

My section commander an 2 i/c are hardcore an very tough, we‘r running an doing pushups all the time, getting yelled at ,etc

not layed back at all

the BMQ course is Monday-friday an 2 weekends for 3 weeks

I‘m enjoying it, I‘m getting used to the pace of it, an now the PT isnt to bad, since I‘m getting used to it

Originally posted by logistik:
[qb] 5 section [/qb]
that the section where you were doing some bayonetting an some guy cut himself on his bayonett?

on a sidenote, bayonetting that dummy is fun

Nope I dont think anyone cut themselves. They did however mangle their bayonets by sticking it too far through and hitting the metal stairs./ also the section that had to do situps in the ocean with a log on our chests.

Where would I recieve training for reserves while living in Calgary.

least it was a hot day when you ran down to kit‘s beach an did the log in ocean bit

our next ruckmarch should be cool, I think they give us Rifles next time, we‘re probly be stared at even more, haha

It‘s good that it is a little bit tougher as I hear many people talk about how easy and layed back their unit is. I have completed my reg force basic so that should qualify me for the BMQ/SQ but what is next for the reserve INF, what are the QL‘s?

Back