• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserves and University Sports

Just_A_Guy

Inactive
Reaction score
First off, I am new here, so apologies if I'm not doing this right. For the past few days, I have been looking for this answer but came up with nothing.
Would it be reasonable to play a university sport and do the reserves? The season begins in late August and ends in October. No practices until January, maybe a few exhibition games in the spring, and we have to play in a semi-formal league in the summer (basically a beer league).
Second question, If I can take part in the reserves, would they be able to make exceptions for me? For example, playoff weekend and I have to train that weekend, would I be excused?

Thank you for listening

Plenty of people do intramural sports and serve in the Reserves. Don't expect to be excused from duty to play a beer league hockey game. Its a job, and you wouldn't be employed for long if you pulled that move at any other company in the world.

For sure, I'll take the reserves over the beer league any day, it's mandatory just so you can stay familiar with the game while you are on the offseason. My main worry is that I will have to miss out on an important season game, like the playoffs for example. I was asking if the reserves will make a once in the blue moon exception for a Canadian wide playoff (my sport is baseball btw).

Depends on the training you're going to miss. Random briefings on Thursday night? Probably not a big deal. Training evening for your BMQ/Driver Course/DP1? More of a big deal. As with a lot of things in adult life, you'll have to make tough decisions and miss your team's games to keep your CAF career going. I think you'll find some of your teammates having to miss games for work as well.

Back