• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserve Unit Help Please

raiseitup

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi guys, I was wondering about info  reserve units in ottawa.

The Cameron High Landers is one I already know about and I think its a good option.

Are there any other reserve units near ottawa that are either: Artillery, Armour, or Infantry.

I think there is one In hull, but Im not that literate in French yet, thank you. :salute:

raiseitup said:
Thank you very much Mr. O'Leary, are you by chance related to a Kevin O'Leary?

Not that I know of (although there are some extended branches of my family of which I do not know all the members).

raiseitup said:
Hi guys, I was wondering about info  reserve units in ottawa.

The Cameron High Landers is one I already know about and I think its a good option.

Are there any other reserve units near ottawa that are either: Artillery, Armour, or Infantry.

I think there is one In hull, but Im not that literate in French yet, thank you. :salute:

In Ottawa the two infantry regiments are us (Camerons- and Highlanders is one word) and the Governor Generals Foot Guards. We both parade out of Cartier Square Drill Hall right by city hall. The GGFG parade Tuesdays, the Camerons on Thursdays.

The only armoured unit is across the river in Hull and is francophone.

There's 30th Field Artillery. They parade out of Dow's Lake, right next to Carleton.

There's 33 Combat Engineer Regiment (I hope I got the name right- they've changed not too long ago). They parade out of the armouries on Walkley Road.

Other than combat arms, we have 28 Field Ambulance (medics), as well as a service battalion (logistics- supply, maintenance, transport, administration), military police, communications, 2 Intelligence Platoon, and a naval reserve unit also up at Dow's Lake.

I can tell you that currently the Camerons are full, and I imagine most if not all of the rest are too. The new fiscal year starts April 1st, at which point some spots may open up in various units. You'll need to get in touch with the respect units' recruiting offices and get the word straight from the horse's mouth.

Brihard said:
In Ottawa the two infantry regiments are us (Camerons- and Highlanders is one word) and the Governor Generals Foot Guards. We both parade out of Cartier Square Drill Hall right by city hall. The GGFG parade Tuesdays, the Camerons on Thursdays.

The only armoured unit is across the river in Hull and is francophone.

There's 30th Field Artillery. They parade out of Dow's Lake, right next to Carleton.

There's 33 Combat Engineer Regiment (I hope I got the name right- they've changed not too long ago). They parade out of the armouries on Walkley Road.

Other than combat arms, we have 28 Field Ambulance (medics), as well as a service battalion (logistics- supply, maintenance, transport, administration), military police, communications, 2 Intelligence Platoon, and a naval reserve unit also up at Dow's Lake.

I can tell you that currently the Camerons are full, and I imagine most if not all of the rest are too. The new fiscal year starts April 1st, at which point some spots may open up in various units. You'll need to get in touch with the respect units' recruiting offices and get the word straight from the horse's mouth.

OK thank you.

I will contact them soon, so when I am ready to join they already know me etc.

Back