• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserve Re-muster (time, problems)

i am re-muserting trades and untits...how long will this usually take?

• i am re-muserting trades and untits...how long will this usually take?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • i am re-muserting trades and untits...how long will this usually take?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
L

lpolnick11

Thank you for takeing the time to read my post. I submitted a letter 3 weeks ago at my unit to switch trades and units in the Reserves. The units are located in the same town, but they are totally different elements. I am currently in Comm's and im switching into infantry. can anyone help me find out how long this can take? I know it will be a while....but any amount of months. thanks to anyone who can help :cdn:

lpolnick11 said:
I am currently in Comm's and im switching into infantry

Most people usually go the other way... but have fun.

Congrats on seeing the light and choosing the infantry!

Seriously, with the CF being funded the way it is, my unit is seeing a steady trickle of people who have realized the only way they are going to get to do real "army s**t" in the reserves is by joining the infantry. It costs money for all training, but light infantry training can cheaper to conduct than training for other trades.

This is the best way to get your transfer started.  ( I know that you put in a letter already, but if you submit a proper memorandum than your chain is obligated to respond to it.)

Put a memo in to your section commander stating that you wish to remuster.   Be specific as to what you want, (Unit desired, reason why, etc.), and it never hurts to request - politely - that you would like the transfer to be completed by a reasonable time.   Check with the unit you are transferring to by calling their Orderly Room; this is a good way to find out available dates for a BIQ course - which is the date you want to be in your new unit by.   Also by making yourself known to the unit are are transferring to may also prove to be beneficial in expediting this process.

Keep your transfer in the front of your chain's mind by asking about it at regular intervals. Continue to train with your unit.   DO NOT allow yourself to go NES or give your superiors   any reason to discipline you.   Keep copies of all your memos that you submit regarding your transfer as you may need to refer to them later on . . . especially if your transfer gets stalled somewhere along the line.

As to how long this will take; I wouldn't want to give you an estimate as I have seen time spans right across the board on this issue. If it takes any longer than a month to get some progress back from your current unit, however, I would start to ask questions.

All that being said, it can be a fairly simple process once you get it going along. Best of luck to you.

If you submitted your memo three weeks ago, keep in mind that the units (including your BOR) have been on leave.  That means that your memo is probably sitting right where it started.  In order to do a VOT, you will need to have a PSO interview.  Because you are switching commands as well this could take a little longer.  Most VOTs that I have seen usually take a couple of months.  The advice to not go NES or become a discipline problem is VERY good.  Continue to discuss this with your chain of command and any appointments that you are required for (ie PSO and med) make sure you show up!  Good luck.

beach_bum:  Good point about the Xmas downtime, I should have mentioned that. :-[  Thanks as well for bringing up the PSO interview.

lpolnick11 : Hope things go well for you, we always need more troops on the pointy end of the stick!  Message me should you have any future questions on this, that way I won't miss reading it.

Cheers

Back