• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserve Question (Co-op/Weekend Courses)

Dean22

Inactive
Reaction score
Well the question was can you do co-op when your already finished high school?

I have searched about co op on the site for a better part of an hour and didn't find anything.

Due to somehow my file ending up "lost" between the 100m between CFRC and the reserve unit I have missed the opening for the weekend time slot and the only thing available would be co-op. The next time openings can be open due to "reserve budget cuts" in the weekend program would be September 2010 (makes April 2010 sound a lot better).

Can anyone clarify on the co-op program, what it is exactly and who can apply to it (especially someone who's done school).

Simply put, no. The co-op option is generally only available only to high school students. You can still ask the unit if they'll give you a spot on that BMQ, but I wouldn't expect to get it.

Lesson learned, be more proactive about chasing your own paperwork and application. It shouldn't have to work that way, but unfortunately it does.

Brihard said:
Simply put, no. The co-op option is generally only available only to high school students. You can still ask the unit if they'll give you a spot on that BMQ, but I wouldn't expect to get it.

Lesson learned, be more proactive about chasing your own paperwork and application. It shouldn't have to work that way, but unfortunately it does.

I was a weekly caller and thought I had done very well to keep things moving but I missed getting in by a week literally. The units I was applying to are full for the next two years as well because of budget cuts but I talked to a recruiter today and it looks like I can get another job just as a different occupation.

Dean22 said:
I was a weekly caller and thought I had done very well to keep things moving but I missed getting in by a week literally. The units I was applying to are full for the next two years as well because of budget cuts but I talked to a recruiter today and it looks like I can get another job just as a different occupation.

OK, from your version it sounds like you did everything right and managed to get boned anyway. Raw deal.

If you run into any further difficulty at the CFRC, don't be afraid to ask to speak to whoever the supervisor is of the individual who's not helping you out. The supervisor should be able to determine if there is in fact any error, and the remedy it in a timely manner if there is.

I am a supervisor at a Reruiting Centre and I can tell you that if your file goes missing don't blame it on the Recruiting Centre all the time. I have had a hell of a time dealing with some of the units here. Files that we send by purolator and have recipts for are reported as not received. I finally got enrollemnt papers back for a guy that was supposed to be enrolled in 1991. I got it back about this time last year.

The Reserve units are having a hard time right now. They only work one or two nights a week and have to get a weeks worth of paperwork done in 3-6 hours. Not an easy task.

Also keep in mind that if you have 10 people applying for 6 positions not everyone is going to get in. Reserves have a merit list as well.

Thanks for the post everyone. I got enrolled earlier last week with a unit.

It wasn't a merit list issue by the way just the fact that the units are actually full for 2 years.

Back