• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserve Class B Contracts

international4455

Inactive
Reaction score
Do some trades have more class B contracts than other trades ? I have recently met a corporal with 6 years of class B service continuously like....renewals i think. Would a logistics officer or the logistics trade too get class B contracts like that ?

HRA and FSA have a tendency to have contracts pop up more often but there is no golden trade that always gets contracts.

Certain trades might be more in demand because there are fewer people in those trades. However, every unit has class B positions, and a lot of clerks who aren't actual clerks.

Our RQSM is a class-B position and one of our former QM's held that position for 7+ years before he decided he wanted to work in the civy world and simply parade as a Class A.

It also depends on where you go. For example, Ottawa is the land of opportunity for Class B. Other larger bases also have a number of positions. Otherwise, each Reserve Force unit will have a small cadre of Class B postions (typically a couple of Supply Techs, maybe an MSE Op, and a pair of FSA, and an HRA. They will also have one or two positions that are more relevant to the main role of the unit. Brigade HQ will typically have a number of Class B positions, and some are generic in their occupation.

Lately, with such a dire shortage of HRA, many units are hiring out-of-trade people into their Orderly Room. We've had Medical Assistants acting as Clerks for a long time. In Ottawa, many positions are written for 'General Service Officer' or the equivalent for Non-Commissioned Member.

Logistics Officers have many opportunities in Ottawa - though that's mainly at the Captain/Major rank. Officer Cadet to Lieutenant are not fully trained, and there's few Class B Lieutenant-Colonel positions in any occupation in the Canadian Armed Forces. For Supply Techs, there's a broader spectrum of opportunity from Corporal to Sergeant/Warrant Officer. Above Warrant Officer positions may exist, but tend to be very limited in number for Class B.

Feel free to ask any questions. I've been Class B or Class C since 1997, in Hamilton and Ottawa.

Brothers and sisters thank you again and as always. u never let me down sweet weenie ur awesome. One more thing anyone know what class B is like in the intelligence trade. Is it just as hard as getting in reg force intelligence it took me 2 and half years to just get level 2 clearance but i know a couple of languages and im a news nut of sorts on top of it ive no social media thought maybe i should try it. What u guys think

Back