• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserve BMQ Full-Time or Part-Time?

White Rhino

Inactive
Reaction score
I had a question whether Primary Reserve Basic training is part time or full time. I am a grade 11 student applying to join the Reserve forces, I am completing my BMQ training through the paid education, by taking a 4 credit co-op during my second semester starting February 2018. As I am not yet fully enrolled in the Reserves and have not received all my information, as I still await my next processing dates for both medical and fitness test and an interview I was wondering if the BMQ is training is part-time or full-time. For my training I am supposedly going to my the assigned placement of Col. J.R. Barber Armoury in GeorgeTown, ON. I know at CFLRS at St. Jean (Obviously being a much larger building than Barber Armoury) recruits stay their overnight for the duration of the training. I'm mainly wondering if being at Col. J.R. Barber Armoury means it's part-time or full-time training and if you stay their overnight.

Hi, full time BMQ is in summer

so if you start this winter you will be on a part time BMQ (you sleep there 2 nights....friday and saterday and go back home on the Sunday afternoon)

It will be held maybe at your armoury or somewhere else
i will start doing mine in a other armoury in 3 weeks

the CFLRS (or ELRCF in french) in St-jean is for the regular not for PRes, i live in St-Jean at about 5 minutes drive from there
a can see the MEGA from my house

But i heard last spring that one of my ex-student that got in the 34e service (mechanic) has supossely  did is BMQ in St-Jean, but not sure of it

I was told that co-op students would train at their local armoury every day while completing BMQ and trade training at the same time, or at least that's what I was told at my recruiting session.

Yeah so I actually received an email from a recruiter and he said that, if I choose Infantry as my trade than I go and train at the local Armoury in Georgetown, but if I choose any other trade I have to goto the Denison Armoury in NorthYork Toronto. As the local armoury is Infantry reserves only.

This kind of sucks though because I was wanting to do ACISS trade but I'd have to find a way to commute to Toronto everyday.

Hey, same armoury as me! But yeah it does suck, I do not recommend coming to Toronto to parade if you are in the reserves, the traffic here is horrible at rush hour  lines and if you don't have a car the TTC is worse (especially on crowded lines)

war2001v said:
I do not recommend coming to Toronto to parade if you are in the reserves, the traffic here is horrible at rush hour  lines and if you don't have a car the TTC is worse (especially on crowded lines)

I found a GoBus beside my house that takes me straight to the bus stop infront of the Denison Armoury. This is Mon-Fri the bus leaves at 6:22 am. Saturday and Sunday are a whole other story..

I mean maybe, I don't know much about Go bus lines, but I don't recommend going to an armoury Google maps says is around 1 hr 15 mins constantly or like 10 miles, because it's gonna be hell, but I am pretty lazy, so you might be able to pull it off.

war2001v said:
I mean maybe, I don't know much about Go bus lines, but I don't recommend going to an armoury Google maps says is around 1 hr 15 mins constantly or like 10 miles, because it's gonna be hell, but I am pretty lazy, so you might be able to pull it off.

Well lucky me, the Armoury is 20 miles from my house... Going to try and bus there a few times to see how long it would actually take vs what Google Maps says.

Back