• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Requesting Gear Review - HSGI Warlord V3 or V4

R711 said:
If your wondering were to get the bungies for the HSGI rig's, SKDTAC sells them as a sole distrubtor. I have them and they rock,

Wanna sell 5 or 6 of them? Their sold out on the web site  ;)

As for the SOTECH falcon, you have to keep in mind it was devloped for the 502 BLUE FALCONS in the US as per specific mission requirements.

hehe. Blue Falcons? Sure about that? ;)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6395989516594451910

Personally, I would not buy a rig with integral mag pouches i.e. Boars, Falcons, Hellcats, Wasatchs. Sure, they might be a very low profile way to carry your mags, but you really only see the benefits if mags are the only things you're carrying. A first aid pouch or something of similar size mounted on top of an integral mag pouch would stick out way too much. In my opinion, you'll achieve less bulk if you go with double or triple mag pouches, then place your other general purpose pouches beside them, as opposed to on top of them.

Wonderbread said:
Personally, I would not buy a rig with integral mag pouches i.e. Boars, Falcons, Hellcats, Wasatchs. Sure, they might be a very low profile way to carry your mags, but you really only see the benefits if mags are the only things you're carrying. A first aid pouch or something of similar size mounted on top of an integral mag pouch would stick out way too much. In my opinion, you'll achieve less bulk if you go with double or triple mag pouches, then place your other general purpose pouches beside them, as opposed to on top of them.
Yea starting to see that. Thinking I wish I bought an eagle plate carrier and just threw the mags pouches and pockets on. Maybe next tour.

Ps- What the heck are the blue falcons?  Vids don't work very well here

"Blue Falcons"  3/325 82nd Airborne. The Falcon was developed as per the request of this unit IIRC. Like I said to each his own and how he needs to run the rig. Thats why modular is the way to go. Everyone can Mod their gear to what the mission dictates.
R711 OUT

Flawed Design said:
Wanna sell 5 or 6 of them? Their sold out on the web site   ;)

Flawed

I am not sure the size of those bungees but they can be made....I started making them for the pouches I make and they are popular

Wonderbread said:
I highly suggest you guys check out the lightfighter.net forums. If you want to know about firearms, chest rigs, and have politically incorrect conversations, lightfighter is the place to be.

Yes - I would add that you need to be careful because lightfighter has a good community of soldiers but a large community of groupies.  You'll see opinions from guys who buy the shit but only use it to go camping or on the range.  Poke around and figure out who's who in the zoo there.

It is solid, but I can't emphasize enough how much I wish I had gone for a front-opening chest rig or vest like the 2 Piece MAV, MOFOCR, ect. Maybe for guys who only leave the FOB for short duration DA hits, a solid front chest rig is fine. But if you're living outside the wire and could potentially expect to be donning your gear under fire, hooking up the the clips that go behind the armpits is a total PITA.

Yeah, although I was getting pretty good at after jumping in and out of the LAV - all I do is unhook the one back strap and take it off like a shirt - over my head.  A bit awkward, but it made for quick donning and doffing.  I'm going to get some fastex buckles sewn onto the front straps as well, if anything to assist in emergencies (ie: I become a casualty and my head can't be moved).

The trade off for the extra real-estate was the extra effort to get the thing on and off.  I'm probably going to roll with both my Eagle and my SOTECH in my go bag and play around with both.

riggermade said:
Flawed

I am not sure the size of those bungees but they can be made....I started making them for the pouches I make and they are popular

Could you make them so they slide into the HSGI Wasatch's magazine pouch? (Secured to the vest by velcro)

It can be done....I haven't done anything for that particular vest so I would need dimensions or see one...Where are you located?

Flawed Design said:
Ps- What the heck are the blue falcons?  Vids don't work very well here

There seems to be two definitions.

The only reference I had heard before today of a Blue Falcon was as a slang term. A Blue Falcon is a "BF" is a Buddy Fcuker. You can even buy a Blue Falcons T-Shirt from Rangerup.com. Everyone has a friend who deserves one:
http://www.rangerup.com/mysteryshirt.html

The only other reference to "Blue Falcons" I could find was to the 1-73rd CAV in the 82nd AB Div.
http://www.bragg.army.mil/AFVC-B/Default.htm

The SOTech/Lightfighter Falcon came about as described in SSGT Miller's post here:
http://lightfighter.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5436084761/m/9621014521?r=4651089721#4651089721
At the time he was a member of 1/325 - a Red Falcon. It's a pretty cool story, actually:

YOU CAN AFFECT CHANGE!!
A few months ago, our BN CSM recieved a memorandum from the BDE CSM regarding our fighting loads. The memorandum was intended to open up a dialogue with the BN's regarding the MINIMUM standard for what should be carried for our paratroopers and was differentiated between each duty position. Our BN CSM blatantly disregarded the "dialogue" portion of the memorandum and pushed forward with his own monologue in the form of an assinine IBA Pouch layout SOP. His intent was to have everyone put their pouches on the IBA in the same manner. When this "SOP" came down to the company their was a lot of bitching, and everyone was ready to salute the flagpole, move out and take another proverbial reaming in the *** when I threw a fit in the platoon CP. Recognizing the stupidity of such an SOP (I wish you guys could see this ******* thing), I could not keep quiet. My PSG chided me and mocked "what are you going to do, tell the chain of commmand frig you I'm not going to do it?" I replied, "Yes SGT, but not as bluntly as you put it." I immediately took the SOP and made my soldiers configure their crap as prescribed. I then had them line up outside the CP and illustrated to the PSG how assed-up this hooah hooah SOP was. Next trip was the 1SG's office to demonstrate said SOP. Then BN CSM's office, where I realized our CSM was more concerned with mere appearance when I struggled to read the English subtitles scrolling accross my vision as he spoke. "But SSG Miller, ::gasp:: ::growl::, we got to have dee uneeformitee, you know, ees eemportant when we marshing dow dee stree!"

"WOW" Marching down the ******* street. So thats what we are here for... to look good when we MARCH?? down a ******* street? I countered that we would be more effective if the paratroopers were able to configure the equipment in such a manner that best suited them, and that the concept of "uniformity" is outdated and of no concern considering the vast differences in individual weapons and equipment and the related gear to support them. We will not look the same even if we tried. He actually told me that the guys would just have to deal with it, that if 3 out of 4 guys were capable of optimal performance with the uniform SOP, it would be better that people "doing their own thing." Once again, "WOW." Who ******* promotes these guys? I refused to back down and with as much tact and litigating as I could muster I managed to get him to direct me to the BDE CSM for futher scrutiny.
Once I reached the BDE CSM, I was given the opportunity to inject some end-line user input into the process. The BDE CSM is actually a very forward thinking man, and he listened to everything I had to say. Finally the "dialogue" had been opened. We discussed how to better carry our fighting load, which we had been restricted to the issue IBA (yeah great it saves lives, but anyone who can get better does so because its made for ******* pogues) and the FLC (Molle Fighting Load Carrier and piece of crap IMO). We needed a way to streamline our load and not leave guys hanging along the way (grenadiers, gunners). I recommended the Hellcat, and directed the CSM to LF, namely Pete and Nate. After some tinkering between the BDE S4, Pete, Nate, the CSM and me, we came up with a customized Hellcat with integrated hydration carrier and pushed for the BDE to purchase it.
Four months later we now have the "Falcon Rig." The very same item of equipment that SOTECH and LF helped us put together. Whats more is that the other BDE's in the DIV are looking to purchase it as well. ******* A. Wow. You can change crap. By merely not buckling at the prospect of a weak airborne *** chewing and standing your ground with some wit and tact, you can get crap done. I feel empowered, and my guys have definitely taken notice. For those of you out there that feel the wrath of dogmatic bullshit, you can change crap. Do not be that guy that buckles and salutes the flagpole when confronted with stupid crap. Identify the problem and confront it with a solution. After all, this is YOUR ******* Army, and your life to protect and wield against our shitbag enemies as best as you can.

Back