• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Remustering in the Reserves

lukey8ball

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello lovelies, I have a short and simple question: I've put in a memo to remuster from Infantry to navy supply tech and I was wondering if there was anyone with any experience that could tell me how long these things take. Note, this is for the reserves. not sure if there's a big difference between the reg and reserve or not in regards to the admin.

A long time.

It depends on the motivation and workload of the personnel involved, notably the adjutants. A good relationship with the gaining unit helps push the follow-up by their adj.

I'm still in the process of transferring trades. It's been almost a year now so expect it to take awhile. Everyone's situation is different though.

On the surface this sounds simple.  But, in reality, there's far more to this than meets the eye.

You are doing a Voluntary Occupational Transfer (VOT) and a change of environment from Army to Navy as well.  Your PSO has to see if you are a suitable candidate for VOT.  The Navy has to look at what Army qualifications you have that are transferable (BMQ is transferable under certain circumstances, for example).  The Navy then has to look at the Sup Tech trade and see if there is a vacancy for you and if you are suitable for service as a sailor.

And none of this will happen until your request leaves your unit.

Back