• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Release or Sup Res?

AgentSmith

Inactive
Reaction score
Good day.

I've been a reservist for almost 8 years. I've spent 5 years as Armoured Recce and got DP2 qualified. Then I switched over to ACISS however due to the demands of my civilian job I have been unable to get trade qualified as ACISS.

However I want to go reg force as ATIS. I know for a CT you need to be MOS qualified, since I'm already qualified Armoured Recce does that mean I technically meet the requirement even though I've been unable to do ACISS DP1? Also due to my work schedule it's very difficult to commit to the reserves as much as I used to. So I was wondering would it be more beneficial to the reserves release to the Sup Res, thus freeing up a position at the unit for someone who can actually take the time and get qualified, and just apply for the reg force that way? I know since the Sup Res is technically a release, does that mean I'd still have to wait the 6 month waiting time to apply? Also if I went the Sup Res route, I gather I just submit another online application through the Forces website correct?

Back