• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Rejoining military as a reservist

Ceng

Inactive
Reaction score
I was in the reg force for 4 years and am thinking to reenlist as a reservist. I have all my courses so basic, sq, dp1 is not something I need to worry about. 

I would like some advice from guys in the reserves themselves.

Since I have all my qualifications, is it difficult to balance reserves and family life considering I dont need to go away for those courses?  My wife is opposed to me joining but i would like to hear if the balance is possible to keep.  I know in reg force that could be a major challenge for a wife who cant handle it but is it so on the reserves side?

Major career courses only happen in the summer usually (trade dependent), I have two young kids under 5 years of age so I do not go out on exercises maybe as much as I should but I do show up every Wednesday training night. The balance isn't crazy, as a reservist we have the ability to say no, life comes up, anniversaries, kids birthdays, important life events you don't want to skip. Just let your chain of command know whats going on and you'll be fine.

Thabks a lot for the reply.  I didnt think it would be hard to maintain but good to hear from others who have  been through it. 

Thabks for the reply

Back