• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! See you soon haha  :D

Dextor I hope your situation is understood at CFRC Toronto. I believe it will go well because it is not your fault that the process is longer than expected.

Nomulous said:
Ah I know the feeling of CRFC Toronto, in my case, I managed to complete Aircrew, and the Aircrew medical before they managed to complete my background and reference check. I guess we both have to wait and hope for the best.
Haha, good luck to the both of us!
Fiji_Boy_ said:
Thank you Nom! Hopefully our files move through so we can meet at the ROTP party haha.

Dextor I hope your situation is understood at CFRC Toronto. I believe it will go well because it is not your fault that the process is longer than expected.
Thank you for the support sir, A kind member here pm'd me with useful information so time to utilize it!

Hey guys, got the email last week for ROTP pilot! I start BMOQ July 9th

Good Day,

I want to apply to RMC this coming year(2017) and was wondering what my chances were if I wanted to do a double major in Computer Engineering and Computer Science. What do they look at when considering such an application? What about Computer Engineering and Business Administration?

Thank You

Lumber is more or less spot on in his assessment.  Also, the Computer Science program is crap compared to the Computer Engineering program.  On the other hand, I used to be a professor in the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, so I might be biased...

And by the way, there is a speculation that those who are starting Basic training soon (like June 27th) are sent to CMR saint Jean instead of RMC for 1st year. I have talked to a current RMC student here in Kingston that when he did his basic, all those people who started their training early were all sent to CMR. Is this confirmable or secret thing that I shouldn't talk about? ;)

From my understandings, this is not applicable this year. I was told I was going to RMC in Kingston and I have the June 27th course date so unless they told me false information I wouldn't worry about it.

It is very likely, but not guaranteed that people on the 27 June BMOQ mod 1 will go to College Militaire St Jean. 
Just by looking at the dates on my calendar: BMOQ mod 1 dates 27 June to 12 Aug and CMR new student arrival is on the evening of 12 Aug.
We receive a number of Anglophone students in August. They complete their first year of studies here in St Jean.
Francophone students that have not done CEGEP do two years here.
The college is on the other side of town from the Recruit school. Right on the river and a very nice spot.
We only have 200 students at the most so it is much more intimate. Class sizes (student to teacher ratio) is excellent.

I am Sergeant Major of Instruction at College Militaire Royale.

I am graduating french High school this year with my bilingual diploma and I'm in Ontario and I have all the prerequisites for the program, why would I have to go to Prep year?

YSJ said:
Hey guys, got the email last week for ROTP pilot! I start BMOQ July 9th

Congratulations!

Also, did you not get a call first? Did this email that you received have any confirmed dates? I personally am still waiting to hear from them since I got my call.

Maxime C said:
I am graduating french High school this year with my bilingual diploma and I'm in Ontario and I have all the prerequisites for the program, why would I have to go to Prep year?

Every offer is different. Here are some examples;
1. Applicant With Quebec high school may come to CMR SJ and do 2yrs (prep and 1st yr) before going to Kingston (2nd, 3rd, 4th yrs for total 5 yrs)

2. Applicant with Quebec High School and did CEGEP on their own may come to CMR SJ as a junior for 1 yr before going to Kingston for 2nd 3rd 4th yrs.

3. Applicant with Ontario High School but no French language ability may come to CMR SJ as a junior for 1yr because of our French program.

4. Applicant from anywhere in Canada may come to CMR SJ as a junior for 1yr because Kingson is full or because CMR SJ does not have enough students

4. Applicant from anywhere in Canada may come to CMR SJ and do 2yrs (prep and 1st yr) if their marks are not high enough.

Basically, You may not be going to CMR SJ for prep year, maybe as a junior, maybe you are going to Kingston after all. 

Maxime C said:
I contacted my Recruiter for confirmation of where I'll be going, thank you for your quick response!

So, are you going to do 1st year at Kingston, or Saint Jean? I called the recruiting center today too, and the recruiter says that I am going to do my 1st year at Saint Jean. And I am leaving for basic training on June 27th.  :D

And thank you Mr.Jay4th for your kind and detailed response! Much appreciated sir.

Hey there,

I have received an offer to attend RMC through the ROTP program with a future position of Artillery Officer. I was just wondering what kinds of occupational training one might receive as a Cadet. I don't expect much, just the basic military training and language training (if needed).

I also want to know if RMC Cadets/students have the opportunity to go on military courses and get qualifications before they graduate. An example of the course I mean would be the FOO course or the basic para course, things of that nature.

Thank you, any information is appreciated! Also, I welcome any advice regarding RMC or my career.

Maple98 said:
Hey there,
I have received an offer to attend RMC through the ROTP program with a future position of Artillery Officer. I was just wondering what kinds of occupational training one might receive as a Cadet. I don't expect much, just the basic military training and language training (if needed).
I also want to know if RMC Cadets/students have the opportunity to go on military courses and get qualifications before they graduate. An example of the course I mean would be the FOO course or the basic para course, things of that nature.
Thank you, any information is appreciated! Also, I welcome any advice regarding RMC or my career.

While attending RMC, you complete your "University" education for the degree that you have been selected for/assigned.  During the summers, you will complete your BMOQ Mod 2 and then possible language training.  Your actual occupational training doesn't start until after you graduate.

Maple98 said:

For reference, perhaps this will be merged with,

Royal Military College of Canada (RMC)
http://army.ca/forums/threads/23377.0
18 pages.

I figured as much, I just heard stories about Cadets getting qualified in different courses while still attending RMC. I was confused because it sounds like the summers are packed with BMQ and language training and I didn't think there would be time to complete a course during the year.

I don't mean occupational training, like in Gagetown for artillery, but courses that CAF members attend to further their career or gain other opportunities in their trades.

Anyway, thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back