• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my conditional offer today for Artillery Officer at RMC! I hope everything else checks out and I get the "full offer"!  [:)

red12135875 said:
Congratulations. What position were you offered?

I was told I start on the 4th of July as well; however, no dates have been confirmed. I will see you there Bradford  :salute:

I was selected for MARS Officer, looking forward to seeing you there as well!  :salute:

Good luck, everyone! The offers are coming out and it's exciting to see everyone get them!

Congratulations to all those who've recently gotten the phone call! So far their is 3 different BMOQ start dates 27th ,4th, 11th! Excited to see you all there and at RMC! For those who are still waiting, be patient, you'll get it soon!  [:D

P-Scouten said:
I got my conditional offer today for Artillery Officer at RMC! I hope everything else checks out and I get the "full offer"!  [:)
Congratulations! Did they give you a start date for BMOQ?

puckwhisperer said:
Congratulations! Did they give you a start date for BMOQ?

Thank you! And no they didn't give me a  BMOQ date yet. My offer is conditional pending my medical and background checks.

Congratulations to everyone who has gotten their full or conditional offers!

As I congratulate those who got accepted, I want to share the link to the video about 'RMC FYOP'.
It is quite old and perhaps some of you have already watched it, but I thought it would be good to share this.

It might give an idea about the initial stage at RMC.  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w78PYOqBhUA

Hey Everyone,

Just wondering about signed contracts. I've signed mine and faxed it back to the Ottawa recruiting centre, but haven't received confirmation it arrived (no email from my recruiter saying he got it), is this normal or should I head downtown with a copy to make sure they received it?

Rob.

Hey Rob,
I'm just wondering when you heard from CFRC Ottawa for your offer? (Still hopefully waiting for a call aha)

roborob said:
Hey Everyone,

Just wondering about signed contracts. I've signed mine and faxed it back to the Ottawa recruiting centre, but haven't received confirmation it arrived (no email from my recruiter saying he got it), is this normal or should I head downtown with a copy to make sure they received it?

Rob.

No need to actually head down with a physical copy, relax. When I scanned mine and emailed it, I got a quick "thanks" as a reply. Give the recruiting centre a call. Even better, I'm sure there is an extension number for someone you can reach directly who will be able to let you know.

Good Day,

I want to apply to RMC this coming year(2017) and was wondering what my chances were if I wanted to do a double major in Computer Engineering and Computer Science. What do they look at when considering such an application? What about Computer Engineering and Business Administration?

Thank You

DarkPheonix said:
Good Day,

I want to apply to RMC this coming year(2017) and was wondering what my chances were if I wanted to do a double major in Computer Engineering and Computer Science. What do they look at when considering such an application? What about Computer Engineering and Business Administration?

Thank You

Why would you do a double major in computer engineering and computer science?

When you apply to RMC, you either enter into Arts, Sciences or Engineering. In first year, you are grouped into whichever these three disciplines you applied for, and you and everyone else in that group take common courses. Starting in second year, you specialize in your given disciplines. You are free to apply for a double major, or a major and minor, but this will also be dependant on your performance in first year. Remember, you don't just attend class, you have a myriad of other responsibilities and duties placed on you.

I don't think anyone takes a double major when one of their majors is Engineering, but I could be wrong. It's simply not possible, because you have a full schedule already. At RMC, half of Wednesday morning is devoted to military training, and 2 periods a weeks are spend in Gym class. If I remember correctly, my friends who were taking engineering literally had every other academic period taken up by a class. 

So, you can take a double major in Arts and/or Sciences, but if your major is Engineering, not likely. (I think)

I have also found recent documentary on 'BMQ'
They are good quality and better than the one I posted before. Enjoy! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqpGyN0j6lU&nohtml5=False

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PT3A_E_yDs&nohtml5=False

Does anyone know when the CAF finishes their ROTP selections? I have to pay my tuition for my university program by June 1st. Any idea if we find out by then if we get accepted or declined?

clownfool said:
Does anyone know when the CAF finishes their ROTP selections? I have to pay my tuition for my university program by June 1st. Any idea if we find out by then if we get accepted or declined?
During my interview I asked this question and was informed that they will continue to give offers until September as they may need to fill slots of those who failed BMOQ or dropped beforehand. This is all heresay, however, and should only be viewed with a grain of salt. Most offers will be given for RMC within the next month or so and offers for civilian uni may be given afterwards depending on your placement on the merit list. Good luck!

Other answer:
roborob said:
Hey Everyone,

Rob.
Just shoot the file manager another email asking if it was received since you never got a reply back. I never get replies back from the CFRC Victoria unless I ask questions so I generally assume they received what I sent and ask a day or so after if it was received and that everything is going well.
Cya at BMOQ!

My turn to ask a question, on my enrolment offer letter it says "your initial terms of service will be a variable engagement of 12 years" for MARS Officer. Just curious,what does everyone else's say for other trades? When I was on track for doing Infantry Officer I was told it would be 5 years of obligatory service rather than the 12 that I signed for during my interview - which is fine as I intend on making the Navy my career and may stay longer.

Sorry for double posting.

Bradford,
From what I gathered 4 of those years are your education. Then you have 5 years obligatory service (paying back for university) and the remaining years are just to serve your contract. You can VR after obligatory without having to pay them back, but you will lose the benefits etc had you completed the entire term.

Hope it helps

Bradford_Maxwell said:
My turn to ask a question, on my enrolment offer letter it says "your initial terms of service will be a variable engagement of 12 years" for MARS Officer. Just curious,what does everyone else's say for other trades? When I was on track for doing Infantry Officer I was told it would be 5 years of obligatory service rather than the 12 that I signed for during my interview - which is fine as I intend on making the Navy my career and may stay longer.

I'm not sure if I understand what you are asking. One must serve for 2 months in the Forces for every month of education. It varies with every trade but it is around 5 to 7 years of obligatory service; it depends on how long you go to school for. The years of variable engagement is the time in which you are guaranteed employment but it is not necessarily mandatory from what I have heard. If Canada were to shrink their military workforce for whichever reason and your 12 years are up, unless you haven't signed a new contract, you could be released. It wouldn't be because you did anything wrong but it is the nice way of laying you off if that makes any sense. As a prospective Infantry Officer, I was told I have 13 years of variable engagement and I just learned from your comment that it varies on every trade.

Feel free to correct me.

red12135875 said:
I'm not sure if I understand what you are asking. One must serve for 2 months in the Forces for every month of education. It varies with every trade but it is around 5 to 7 years of obligatory service; it depends on how long you go to school for. The years of variable engagement is the time in which you are guaranteed employment but it is not necessarily mandatory from what I have heard. If Canada were to shrink their military workforce for whichever reason and your 12 years are up, unless you haven't signed a new contract, you could be released. It wouldn't be because you did anything wrong but it is the nice way of laying you off if that makes any sense. As a prospective Infantry Officer, I was told I have 13 years of variable engagement and I just learned from your comment that it varies on every trade.

Feel free to correct me.

That's what I gather from reading everything, and I'm aware of the 2 months for every one month of subsidized education. However I was wondering what kind of contract everyone else received. I suppose everyone receives a 12-13 year contract. Just my own curiosity, not really an important question to me.

Hello everyone,

I'm going to explain my situation and hopefully someone can enlighten me. I will be direct and short.

I'm about to graduate from a BC high school with an average in the low 90's, I applied for ROTP, I got accepted for the position of Infantry Officer to study at RMC, and I signed and accepted my enrolment offer. Everything is going well except for one thing: my English 12 mark.

I know what the prerequisites for RMC are but when I called them about my English 12 mark, I did not get a clear answer. I was told that "not graduating and/or failing English 12 will definitely be a problem" but I was not told, for example, "you are kicked out of ROTP if you get lower than X% in English 12." They said it depends on every applicant but this is very strange as specific percents are mentioned in their website; I was still told, "it depends." My English mark is in the mid 70's but I am still worried what my final grade will be because I don't know if it will be enough.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could let me know if a certain percent exists. If it exists, is my dream over and I am quickly shown the door to civilian life or am I given options?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back