• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
eggert said:
i hate how people go on this and act like they know whether or not people are going to get an offer....its up to the selection board pers and thats that

stop trying to figure out percentages and say whether one thing gives you an advantage over another.

Yep.  ::)
eggert said:
Gonna have a hand up on other people because im already in the reserves and have basic/ql3 done!
eggert said:
..... was deemed admissible to RMC, i also have an upper hand by already being in the reserves, and the recruiter said i aced my interview

Oh, right.....
eggert said:
.... how much high school marks really affect your application? i didnt have the best (70s) ....

Inky said:
It's a standard BA. What differentiates it from other degrees is that since there is no coded independent set of courses for military sciences, the program is a mix of politics, history and psychology courses.

I was wondering what are the differences between Military Arts and Science and Military and Strategic Studies. I am asking because the course descriptions seem very similar.

Hello Folks,

I was wondering at what stage do we send in our 1st semester marks?  Information out there suggests that the selection boards are looking primarily at grade 10 and 11 results.  If this is the case at what point do we send in our grade 12 results?  I would appreciate others folks thoughts of this subject. 

Ktipnorth

BMAS is a general arts & sciences degree with some military content and a fancy name.  Last time I checked, it was also offered exclusively as a continuing education program (ie. not full time residency) primarily for officers without degrees or sr NCOs.

ktipnorth said:
Hello Folks,

I was wondering at what stage do we send in our 1st semester marks?  Information out there suggests that the selection boards are looking primarily at grade 10 and 11 results.  If this is the case at what point do we send in our grade 12 results?  I would appreciate others folks thoughts of this subject. 

Ktipnorth

Bring your updated transcript to your interview; if your interview has already occurred, they might not need them. If the CF needs your grades they will likely be requested via phone call.

Everyone takes a Second Language Test upon arrival.

From there, they arrange for your SLT classes or just give you exemption.

FirstYear said:
Everyone takes a Second Language Test upon arrival.

From there, they arrange for your SLT classes or just give you exemption.

Was this intended to be written in this thread?

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/109501.0.html

Amarko87 said:
From what I was told (3 different recruiters in Ottawa) the number was over 3000 for Pilot.  Pilot is the most applied for trade offered by the Canadian Forces.  Therefore the most competitive with only ~50 spots open this year.

3000 ?? Never heard that anyways it seems that no recruiter says the same number for application. My number are provided by my interviewer, I think he's right but  anyways I don't really care about how many are applying

The number of applications to the number of positions has NO bearing what so ever on whether or not you are going to get accepted!  If the CF was to be hiring 50 pilots this year and only had 25 applications and all 25 passed Aircrew Selection, not all 25 are going to be hired!!!

If I was in the aviation business and had a $35-$40 million dollar aircraft which needed to be flown, I would probably tend to be "very" selective as to who I let into the cockpit!!!  Regardless of the number of reasonably qualified people who applied.

nic32 said:
3000 ?? Never heard that anyways it seems that no recruiter says the same number for application. My number are provided by my interviewer, I think he's right but  anyways I don't really care about how many are applying

I wasn't so sure if pilot really only had 490 applicants this year (felt like it was gonna be a lot more) , but 3000 sounds like way too much. My recruiter/military counsellor told me that they had upwards to 4000 ROTP applicants a year, and that the most popular was pilot.

You're right, I confused BMAS and MSS. What ROTP students can go for is the Military and strategic studies program which is pretty much what I described in my earlier post.

Since my main choice was pilot, and I signed all my papers stating I would stay for 7 years on acceptance...if I fail to be selected for a pilot they do consider the other option you picked correct? If pilot and ACSO fail Armoured was my other pick.

Isn't VIE for ROTP pilot 12 years?
Regardless, it's impossible that you've already signed a contract as you haven't even had a position offered to you yet. You're confusing things.

Daishi said:
...if I fail to be selected for a pilot they do consider the other option you picked correct? If pilot and ACSO fail Armoured was my other pick.

Possibly.  My son was accepted Aerospace Control Officer last year, but failed out on the testing.  His other choices were Logistics Officer and Intelligence Officer and he was not offered either one. (He knew the chances for Int O was slim to none, and Slim was walking out the door.)

Noctis said:
Isn't VIE for ROTP pilot 12 years?
Regardless, it's impossible that you've already signed a contract as you haven't even had a position offered to you yet. You're confusing things.

Well my VIE is 13 years and I'm Signals. My room mate (his trade is Pilot) has his VIE set at 15 years or something. From what I've seen here at RMC, the VIE for Pilot is typically longer than most.

scriptox said:
Well my VIE is 13 years and I'm Signals. My room mate (his trade is Pilot) has his VIE set at 15 years or something. From what I've seen here at RMC, the VIE for Pilot is typically longer than most.

I'm not sure, there was a paper that stated that if I accepted I would stay with the forces for 7 years.

Daishi said:
I'm not sure, there was a paper that stated that if I accepted I would stay with the forces for 7 years.

You wouldn't have signed anything stating this yet. If you do get accepted, you're still able to decline the offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back