• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Globemaster77 said:
A friend of mine is interested in going to a civi uni, how would he go about that if he was accepted into RMC instead? Do you guys think changes are possible? Obviously the recruiters would be the best place to go to but what are your opinions on this?
In recent years, many people have tried to go the Civ U route and have received offers for RMC.  They tended to be non-negotiable, take it or leave it, kind of offers.  Some occupations, like Nursing Officers, require very specific degrees which are not offered at RMC so everyone accepted for ROTP for those positions will go to Civ U.

Good day!
Figured I'd share my application information. I'm currently a first year student at the University of Ottawa and I'm a prospective applicant for RMC/ROTP 2013-2014.
This forum has been of great use and served as a premium guide for my application. Thanks!
Good luck to all other applicants and I hope to see you next year!

Recruiting Center: CFRC Ottawa
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer (ROTP)
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2: MARS
Trade Choice 3: Armour
Application Date: October 2012
First Contact: October 2012
Aptitude:  25th February 2013
Medical:  October 2012
Interview completed: 15th December 2012
Merit Listed:
Position Offered:
Enrollment date:
Basic Training Begins:

Cheers,

diotte
:cdn:

Hey,
I'm looking into switching my degree program and was wondering if anyone has a copy/link to the chart that shows which degree programs are required/preferred/acceptable for each trade.

For info, Trade: ACSO
Current Program: Psychology
Possibly change to: English

Thanks troops.

Scroll down to Section D, Table 1:
http://www.kingsown.ca/Old%20Site/ROTP%20Quest%20Part%201_en.pdf

You could also have a look at http://forces.ca/. If you go to the fact sheet for your desired occupation, it should tell you the required qualifications and degrees.

SeR said:
Scroll down to Section D, Table 1:
http://www.kingsown.ca/Old%20Site/ROTP%20Quest%20Part%201_en.pdf

You could also have a look at http://forces.ca/. If you go to the fact sheet for your desired occupation, it should tell you the required qualifications and degrees.

Absolutely marvelous advice. 

So I checked out your link and scrolled to the very bottom and found "Revised 26/10/05".  Hmmmmmm, last revised over 7 years ago.  Not to mention the URL clearly has the word "Old" in it.  Something tells me things have changed since 2005.

You might want to refrain from providing "Recruiting" advice or as a bare minimum check the links to the advice that you are providing.

ACSO doesn't require a specific degree. I know a couple ACSO's in English currently so you should be good to go.

DAA said:
Absolutely marvelous advice. 

So I checked out your link and scrolled to the very bottom and found "Revised 26/10/05".  Hmmmmmm, last revised over 7 years ago.  Not to mention the URL clearly has the word "Old" in it.  Something tells me things have changed since 2005.

You might want to refrain from providing "Recruiting" advice or as a bare minimum check the links to the advice that you are providing.

I was well aware of the date at the bottom actually. If you want to, you're more than welcome to compare the degree requirements on that link with the ones on the Forces website. Something tells me that the majority of them will be the same, and I can already confirm many of them are, just by simple knowledge. How much in the area of degrees do you think has changed since then exactly.  ::)

SeR said:
I was well aware of the date at the bottom actually. If you want to, you're more than welcome to compare the degree requirements on that link with the ones on the Forces website. Something tells me that the majority of them will be the same, and I can already confirm many of them are, just by simple knowledge. How much in the area of degrees do you think has changed since then exactly.  ::)

No comment, I have already addressed your post off line.  But just for the record, academic requirements for all occupations in the CF change on a rather frequent basis and I wouldn't count on the forces.ca website to reflect any of it as that information is merely "generic" in nature and does not deal with "specifics" because of said "frequent" changes.

eggert said:
does anyone know the numbers for CT- ROTP for the trades pilot, or AEC

Globemaster77 said:
I was told this by my counsellor:

pilot 51
AEC 12 or so (bad year for this trade choice)

Are these numbers you got regarding CT (as in component transfer, in this case reserves to reg force) spaces? Or ROTP spaces in general?  Because 51 spaces for pilot CTs seems unlikely to me.

Also, to address the question: if you look through many of the recruiting threads around here, you'll find that many people post conflicting numbers which they heard from a recruiter, and those numbers tend to be worth next to nothing.

jwtg said:
Are these numbers you got regarding CT (as in component transfer, in this case reserves to reg force) spaces? Or ROTP spaces in general?  Because 51 spaces for pilot CTs seems unlikely to me.

Also, to address the question: if you look through many of the recruiting threads around here, you'll find that many people post conflicting numbers which they heard from a recruiter, and those numbers tend to be worth next to nothing.

Sorry, I misunderstood. These are spaces for ROTP.

Cherrysu said:
Hey,
I'm looking into switching my degree program and was wondering if anyone has a copy/link to the chart that shows which degree programs are required/preferred/acceptable for each trade.

For info, Trade: ACSO
Current Program: Psychology
Possibly change to: English

Thanks troops.

There is no "ideal" academic credentials for ACSO.  The CF will accept ANY undergraduate degree and no prior experience is required.  So your free to do what you want.

OlivierColas said:
Hi there! Does anyone know when is the 1st round of selections for RMC and RMC St-Jean?

If you get accepted in the "1st round," then you will most likely be contacted anytime during mid-late April.

I was told that selections begin on March 19, and will probably take a few weeks from doing selections to getting the word out to local RCs. Just sit tight, nothing you can do at this point.

Looks like there might be a shortage of pilots now or in the near future for the CF. What other reason could there be to go to a recruiter/headhunter for potential canidates.

http://ca.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=c7340072a377c310&q=fly+in+fly+out&tk=17kis1e6s06a038u&from=ja&alid=e3d997b94da00f75&utm_source=jobseeker_emails&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=job_alerts

curious22 said:
Looks like there might be a shortage of pilots now or in the near future for the CF. What other reason could there be to go to a recruiter/headhunter for potential canidates.

http://ca.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=c7340072a377c310&q=fly+in+fly+out&tk=17kis1e6s06a038u&from=ja&alid=e3d997b94da00f75&utm_source=jobseeker_emails&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=job_alerts

Maybe good news for ROTP applicants this year? Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back