• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regimental transfer

Freight_Train

Inactive
Reaction score
I am hoping someone can help me out with this.  I recently joined the Army Reserve in BC.  I was sworn in on September 4th, 2004.  As such, I am an untrained Pte.  I am currently being recruited for a really great civilian job in Ontario.  Would I be able to easily transfer from my Regiment in BC to a new Regiment in Ontario?  Any advice, opinions, steps to follow would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Greg

It's usually not a problem to transfer from one unit to another.  Once you know where and when you are moving, submit a memo through you chain of command.  Let them know what is going on, and it helps if you can tell them which unit you would like to trans to.  DON'T leave it until the last second though!!!!!  Transfers take time. 

Also contact the unit you are going to first, to see if they want you and if they have room for you.

Should not be a problem. What part of Ontario are you looking to move to. Maybe some of the members can let you know what your options are.

Good Luck

Have you started your BMQ yet? because your regiment might just release you outright and then expect you to rejoin once you get to Ontario...

QORvanweert said:
Have you started your BMQ yet? because your regiment might just release you outright and then expect you to rejoin once you get to Ontario...
Unfortunately I missed last summers BMQ, so I am not yet trained.  If I have to re-join, does that mean I have to go through the recruitment process again?  Shudder....
Thanks everyone so far for the info. 
Greg

There should be NO reason to release!  They may have you turn in all of your kit though.  Some units do that.  As long as you give them time and do what you are told by your chain of command, you should be fine.  Talk to your Sect comd about this.  He/she will advise you on what and when you need to do everything.

Freight_Train said:
I am hoping someone can help me out with this. I recently joined the Army Reserve in BC. I was sworn in on September 4th, 2004. As such, I am an untrained Pte. I am currently being recruited for a really great civilian job in Ontario. Would I be able to easily transfer from my Regiment in BC to a new Regiment in Ontario? Any advice, opinions, steps to follow would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Greg

Freight Train: Heed the good advice of beach bum and others, and do it right by starting early and checking frequently on the progress of it.Let us know how it goes. You may also be able to contact the unit of your choice by going to the unit or Brigade website on WWW. Good luck! Cheers.

Thanks again everyone.  I still have to get the job first so...  Just wanted to be prepared and ready to do what I need to do, if I need to do it.  ;D
Greg

So, you left without telling them anything.....most likely you have not cleared your unit or submitted any paperwork.....and they are screwing you over.  ::)  Perhaps you should use some of the knowledge you gained while you were training, and follow your chain of command.  Maybe even submit some paper work instead of blaming the clerks for not babying you. Believe it or not, the clerks have a lot of jobs, and babysitter does not fall into the job description!

Back