• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regiment tattoo

Jekup

Inactive
Reaction score
I was wondering what are the rules for Regiment tattoos are. Are you allowed to get the Brigade crest as a tattoo and the regiment your in as a tattoo? Or is that a breach of security?

Oh boy...You can, but you may want to think long and hard if its something you want to do. I'm curious as to why you would ask this in the recruit sub section though.

Regimental tattoos are common, how ever you better have earned that capbadge before you get it tattooed on. I've never seen anyone with a brigade tattoo. There is no security issues with getting a military tattoo.

Like was noted above, put some thought into this. Don't rush straight from DP1 grad to get a tattoo. You may also want to get some time in the unit before you get a regimental tattoo.

Lastly, read up on the CAF tattoo policy prior to getting a tattoo.

Thanks for the information.  And yeah I would definitely wait till I earn the badge before even getting it

Lightfighter is bang on. Get your capbadge with some time in the regiment. I have nothing much more to add just wanted you to know what lightfighter said is a way a lot of my friends and me felt about a regiment tattoo

Depending on how your career (or life) progresses, you may move around a bit from unit to unit or brigade to brigade. I've had friends at my old regiment that ended up like that. They moved between provinces and brigades, moving to different units to accommodate life circumstances.

Like the others said, I'd think long and hard before getting a logo tattooed on.

I know of a guy that got the CF tri-service crest tattooed across his back just as he was starting BMQ. A few weeks later, he decided it wasn't for him but now he's stuck explaining the tattoo unless he decides on a removal.

Don't get a Brigade tattoo... just.... no

I have never seen one, but now I am trying to picture someone with a bear, or tower of power, or something. It just seems weird.
As for regimental I would stay within the regiment for 5-6 years before considering. Get yourself a name within the unit have some dedication, experience and courses before you think about it. Don't be that guy.

At the end of the day it is your body and choices.

Saw a guy with the CF crest and just below that his SN and below that his RANK and LAST NAME.

Guess if he ever gets promoted he can get the tattoo artist to put an X through the old rank and write below the new rank. I have a feeling it will only happen once.

Sounds like the kind of ya hoo that will never get promoted...or be out in a year or so

I have a few tattoos myself (none related to the military). Just remember getting a tattoo to show off that you're in the CF and getting it because of dedication and true meaning behind it are two different things. The experienced members above also made very good points, you never know where life will take you in your career.

Back