• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

References Superthread [Merged]

The sheet I used had places for five references....the more the better honestly because if some don't answer the phone they move on to another.  As part of the interview the recruiting officer will give you more forms to fill out and ask you to put down 3 of the 5 references you provided.

AviatorHB said:
Hello, I went to the CFRC and they gave me forms. The references sheet was given to me and the recruiter told me I only needed 3 references. I asked him "I thought it was 5?" and he said " no 3" On the sheet, there are only 3 areas to be filled for reference 1,2 and 3.

Why do I only need 3 references while the website claims 5?
Also I find this whole recruitment process a mess...

I'm guessing that some forms have been updated or the website or vice versa.

A mess?  Hell, if it were easy, everyone would be doing it.....oh wait, never mind....... 

AviatorHB said:
Also I find this whole recruitment process a mess...

The form has 3 spaces. The recruiter told you 3...........

Provide 3 f***** references.

PMedMoe said:
I'm guessing that some forms have been updated or the website or vice versa.

A mess?  Hell, if it were easy, everyone would be doing it.....oh wait, never mind....... 
The five reference sheet is used by Back Check, a company that is no longer in use by the CF.  If they were to use that sheet, it would cost the CF $100.  - to paraphrase my recuiter, who also found it very perplexing that my application had the five reference older sheet.

FlyingDutchman said:
The five reference sheet is used by Back Check, a company that is no longer in use by the CF.  If they were to use that sheet, it would cost the CF $100.  - to paraphrase my recuiter, who also found it very perplexing that my application had the five reference older sheet.
Ah, I also thought it was a little much.

Because you insist on second guessing anything and everything..........read instructions, follow instructions....period.

I am currently filling out an application to the Army Rerserves, but I don't really have any references I've known consecutively for 5 years and some of my previous jobs didnt exactly have a nice ending.

What am I to do?

You may find an answer here.

Topic: The " Reference" Superthread:
http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/threads/12763.0.html

"Your references must have known you for at least five (5) continuous years of coverage (or to age 16, whichever comes first)."

I thought that meant each reference had to have known me for 5 years, could someone clarify this for me, please and thanks.

If you are 21 (or older), they must have known you for 5 continuous years.  If under 21, then they must have known you at least since you were 16.

Hey guys, quicky question. Just sent my initial application through online, and I have all the paper works there requesting except my Letters of references. I just want to know if there looking for anything specific or just a general letter?

Thanks

KeoughJ said:
Hey guys, quicky question. Just sent my initial application through online, and I have all the paper works there requesting except my Letters of references. I just want to know if there looking for anything specific or just a general letter?

Thanks

Not sure about the reserves, but I'm pretty sure that they dont accept letters of reference anymore. There is a form that you fill out that allows you to provide the contact information for 3 references (or 5, pretty sure it was changed to 3 though). Contact your local RC to confrim, but I'm pretty sure thats the process now.

If anyone knows better, please feel free to correct me, I don't want to be the one providing false information and causing issues.

Waters81 said:
Not sure about the reserves, but I'm pretty sure that they dont accept letters of reference anymore. There is a form that you fill out that allows you to provide the contact information for 3 references (or 5, pretty sure it was changed to 3 though). Contact your local RC to confrim, but I'm pretty sure thats the process now.

If anyone knows better, please feel free to correct me, I don't want to be the one providing false information and causing issues.

Applying full time forces and this is what the site is saying

Apprentice Papers                      Not Applicable
Birth Certificate                          Required
Birth Certificate of Dependents  Not Applicable
Certificate/Card of Citizenship  Not Applicable
Letter of Reference 1                Required
Letter of Reference 2                Required
Marriage Certificate                  Not Applicable
Pilot Log Books                          Not Applicable
Professional Licenses                Not Applicable
Social Insurance Card                Not Applicable
Transcript of School Marks        Required
Signed Employment Application Form Received
TBS 330-60 - Security Clearance Not Applicable
TBS 330-23 - Pers Screening    Required

Now I filled out everything and have copies of my b.c., and transcripts and a filled out TBS330-23 form. It seems as I wont be dealing with my local RC until this paper work is handed in and I would have called the National Recruitment Centre today if I had time (at work between there hours of operation) to get this sorted and with the weekend happening now I would like to make use of the opportunity of free time. If someone has just been through this your advice would prove useful.

Hi All,

I have a question in regards to references and Employment History.

1. Am I required to list all my employment history up to (5) years? If I chose not to list one of my part time jobs or any (1) of my jobs within the past 5 years, would that be a problem?

2. I am trying to fill up my Data Verification form and it ask of me to provide (4) Professional References. I am 24 years old and I just started my career as an accountant 2 years ago, that said, no one in my office or in the whole company I can use as a reference because I have only been working there for 2 years so everyone I know, Manager, Supervisor or co-workers have known me for 2 years.

Can I use (4) references from my personal friend and classmates category instead?

I cannot use my college professors because the classes and lectures are usually huge and I doubt they remember me as I don't really have a conversation with them on a daily basis.

Thanks,
Mark

Gulruthina said:
would that be a problem?[/b]

YES !

The instructions tell you to list employment for that period. It doesn't tell you to cherry-pick what jobs to list.

Start getting used to doing exactly what is asked.

CDN Aviator said:
Gulruthina said:
would that be a problem?[/b]

YES !

The instructions tell you to list employment for that period. It doesn't tell you to cherry-pick what jobs to list.

Start getting used to doing exactly what is asked.

Thanks! Also, on the form it tells me to write "Name of Contacts" and "Contacts Telephone#" and then "May we contact".

What question is,  if I chose the option "May we contact = No", would that affect my application?

yeah...about references...what if i dont really have anyone that knows me for 5 years?? I am sorry but I have been moving alot. AND the ask for 5 of them!!  :-\
any advice?

armywife78 said:
yeah...about references...what if i dont really have anyone that knows me for 5 years?? I am sorry but I have been moving alot. AND the ask for 5 of them!!  :-\
any advice?

it says on the form you need reference that knows you for 5 years or at the age of 16

Back