• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Red Friday Valley Rally

manhole

Inactive
Reaction score
There will be a Red Friday Valley Rally in Woodstock, NB on May 18th.  People from communities from Nackawic to Plaster Rock will be gathering in Woodstock in a show of support for our troops.  If anyone from other areas of NB - or anywhere - would be interested in coming to Woodstock, you would be more than welcome.  There will be music, food  and a celebration of our people who are serving in the Canadian Armed Forces.  More details to follow as plans progress.....

an update for you......we are expecting a large crowd in Woodstock NB on May 18th for our Red Friday Valley Rally in support of our troops and their families.....musical guests include The 3rd Field Artillery Regiment Band, Route 3 Blues Band, Britney & Kelly Shaw, Flat Top......and others to be announced.  There will be a walking parade from the Armoury down to the Farm Market area in downtown Woodstock.  The families will lead the way, followed by serving members, veterans organizations, cadets, various other groups...there will be a few speeches, lots of music, refreshments, and a even a few fireworks to top off the evening.  The event will happen - rain or shine!  We will have more information as plans are finalized.  We would especially welcome the families and members from CFB Gagetown  If you have any questions, PM me.... Ubique!

It seems that lately I get access to a computer over here once in a blue moon.  So, to see this topic pop up during one of my brief connections is amazing.  Heartwarming to say the least.  I know the event hasn't happened yet - but - thanks in advance.  Thanks from the bottom of my heart.

:salute:

Mark

thanks for the kind words.....you guys are doing a good job.  We now have it confirmed that Col. Ryan Jestin of 3 ASG from CFB Gagetown will be our key-note speaker.....and Army News will be there to cover the rally.  We appreciate all the support we are getting from the folks at 3 ASG and 3 Field Regt.  Hope to see you in Woodstock on May 18th!  If you have any questions, PM me....  Ubique    :cdn:

tomorrow is the big day!  We hope to see a lot of our friends from Base Gagetown/Oromocto join us.  Don't let the threat of a shower or two "dampen" your spirit!  :D    Ubique    :salute: :cdn:

All the best for the rally tomorrow. I do hope the weather behaves for all of you. 

fiddlehead said:
tomorrow is the big day!   We hope to see a lot of our friends from Base Gagetown/Oromocto join us.   Don't let the threat of a shower or two "dampen" your spirit!   :D     Ubique    :salute: :cdn:

Fiddlehead, you can't imagine how mad I am over being unable to return to my hometown for this great event.

Congratulations to you and all involved in this fantastic, fun and worthy undertaking. :salute:

Just a reminder for those folks near Woodstock, NB that today is the day of the Rally...

well..........ir rained.....and rained.........but we had several hundred brave souls who joined us in support of our troops and their families.    Many thanks to all who braved the terrible weather.......

Could not decide where to post this poem. But since Red Friday is about  Support the Troops I will post it here..I got this in an Email today.

I've Got Your Back"

I am a small and precious child, my dads been sent to fight...
The only place I'll see his face, is in my dreams at night.
He will be gone too many days for my young mind to keep track.
I may be sad, but I am proud.
My daddy's got your back

I am a caring mother. My son has gone to war...
My mind is filled with worries that I have never known before.
Every day I try to keep my thoughts from turning black.
I may be scared, but I am proud.
My son has got your back.

I am a strong and loving wife, with a husband who had to go.
There are times I'm terrified in a way most never know.
I bite my lip, and force a smile as I watch my husband pack...
My heart may break, but I am proud.
My husband's got your back.

I am a Canadian soldier...Serving proudly, standing tall.
I fight for freedom, yours and mine by answering this call.
I do my job while knowing, the thanks it sometimes lacks.
Say a prayer that I'll come home.
Its me who's got your back

ANON

FYI: http://www.igotyourbackusa.com/story.html

The Story behind I've got your back.

very nice.......and it pretty well sums it up.  We have had the pleasure of meeting many families of deployed troops and they truly support their loved ones.  We were honoured to have the Greenslade and Williams families join us at the Valley Rally,  They are remarkable and courageous people.  Thanks again to everyone who participated.    :salute: :cdn:        Ubique

Back