• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recruitment proces moving quickly

Depends on your trade. What trade have you applied for?

Also, your file only gets sent to selection if everything is done and has been approved by your RC. Selection is basically they take all the applicants who have applied and grade the files if you will. They take the X amount of best candidates from all the applicants for that specific trade and then assign them a number say 1-20 (20 being the number of spots open for that trade) and if you are in the 1-20 you get a job offer. If you are 21, and there are 20 spots you don't, unless someone turns down an offer that has been selected and then you may get an offer.

Yeah, I honestly don't know when the selection board is sitting for that trade. If you want to know, you can contact your RC and ask them. If they know they will tell you.

From what I've heard (could be wrong) most ncm trades are being selected Aug 10th. And it's not the only selection for the rest of the year... or probably for the month.
But yeah, all of your info has to be in and approved by the rc (background, medical, reliability status... all of that) and then from there you're merit listed. You can only be eligible for selections if you're merit listed.

Right now, the employment verification's are done for my reliability screening and my file has been sent up the chain of command for final review before being recommended for merit listing and then sent up to be merit listed. I don't think anything has happened with any of that this week... so hopefully next week it'll be sent up for merit listing and I'll be good to go for the Aug 10th selections. I thought I'd already be merit listed by now, but no such luck... ah well, fingers crossed yet again I guess. 

Im still in the same boat as you Colta. We are at the same place in the process. I am just waiting for the Det Cmdr to approve my reliability screening and then up for merit listing and selections boards. I will call again next week and see if anything has happened. Time is starting to wind down for us!

Leeworthy said:
Im still in the same boat as you Colta. We are at the same place in the process. I am just waiting for the Det Cmdr to approve my reliability screening and then up for merit listing and selections boards. I will call again next week and see if anything has happened. Time is starting to wind down for us!

I hope so! It's been a long 5 months, I'm really anxious to get going and get my career started. It sucks to be so close yet so very far away.

If it makes you feel any better, I applied in February of 2014.. I had some debts that had to get cleared up, and my background check took a little longer bc I lived in Australia for a couple years.. Now all I am waiting for is my medical to come back. Hopefully I'll be at least merit listed soon but its been a really long process so I am as anxious as ever to just get it over with.

Great posts Colta, I've re-enrolled.  Quitting was a big mistake and I regret doing that.  Anyway, they've applied for my waiver right away, I hope that is a good sign. I'm going Veh Tech.  I've done a lot since getting out the first time.  I was 17, so I've gone to college for mechanic and just graduated.  It's been 3 years, and I've done a lot of growing up.  Hope you let us know when you start basic.  Good luck

I have to re-do my aptitude test since I applied for the army reserves when I was 16 and my family got posted half way through the process, there was no close army reserve unit where we went.

Do you guys know when WEng tech selection will be? Just turned down my second option, my file manager wouldnt tell me when selection is or how many spots were open. Would it be August 10 like you guys mentioned?

Colta said:
From what I've heard (could be wrong) most ncm trades are being selected Aug 10th. And it's not the only selection for the rest of the year... or probably for the month.
But yeah, all of your info has to be in and approved by the rc (background, medical, reliability status... all of that) and then from there you're merit listed. You can only be eligible for selections if you're merit listed.

Right now, the employment verification's are done for my reliability screening and my file has been sent up the chain of command for final review before being recommended for merit listing and then sent up to be merit listed. I don't think anything has happened with any of that this week... so hopefully next week it'll be sent up for merit listing and I'll be good to go for the Aug 10th selections. I thought I'd already be merit listed by now, but no such luck... ah well, fingers crossed yet again I guess.

Hello Colta,

I've been reading the forums for information & I came across your posts. As I understand, you are re-enrolling back into the CF as a Vehicle Tech. I am also re-enrolling into the CF as a Vehicle Tech as primary trade, with Weapons Tech as a secondary trade.

I first joined the military as a Vehicle Tech (regular force) back in 2010, and then VR'd 2 months into basic training under section 4C. I VR'd because I was 17 & still wasn't sure what I really wanted to do with my life & joining the CF was a HUGE overwhelming step. Basic was an overall amazing experience & I made a big mistake leaving. When I left I literally joined auto mechanics school straight away, for over a year & got real hands on experience with everything. I loved it so much that I said to myself I should be doing this in the forces & make a much better career out of this. After 1 year of being in school I regretted leaving the CF. So I re-applied in 2012. A lot of trades were closed around that time so processing was extremely slow. So I only had first contact in 2013. I went through my medical, personality test & an interview. Everything started going smoothly until I found out in 2014 that I ended up waiting a whole 9 months for nothing because they changed the requirements for Weapons Tech (which I selected for my primary this time because in 2011 Vehicle Tech requirements changed). So when I went for my 2nd interview in 2014, I entered the elevator with the captain & he started telling me that they might have to check my school transcripts. Minimum requirements is Math 426 for Weapons Tech. When I found that out, it sucked real bad, so when I went home I literally called up my adult ed school to start a course for Math 426. I got really lucky for that because that course started a week after. 3 months later (December 2014),I passed Math 426 with 80's & 90's.

I updated my file after my schooling was done, and I was so happy because I could then select Vehicle Tech as my primary trade again, and put Weapons Tech as secondary. I recently had my 3rd medical & interview on July 14, 2015. That went really well & the officer told me that trades were open for both that I selected! He also said that I would have to go through the re-enrollment waiver process, which I will be following up on this week. Hopefully I hear good news as I've been hurrying up to wait. Lol

Feel free to PM me on any information or anything else, or reply here. Good day!  :)

Colta, how long did it take from the time they sent your waiver out, till you got it back.

Thanks.  :)

Alex93 said:
Colta, how long did it take from the time they sent your waiver out, till you got it back.

Thanks.  :)

Just over two weeks

So I received my offer on Monday. I have my enrollment on August 28th in Toronto, then I'm off to CFLRS September 5th! So excited! All in all the process took me 4 months!

Well, I've been contacted asking about my posting preferences. After promptly replying I soon received a reply 2 hours later informing me that I've been placed in my first pick.

I've been told that their in the final stages of processing, with my interview/medical done along with my background check and my posting all but confirmed now i can't imagine the offer will be a long wait at this point. 

Back