• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recruiting Posters, Slogans and Commercials [Merged]

48Highlander said:
But all kidding aside, for the last 3 months or so I've been working my *** off, doing 16+ hour days on many occasions, while the Clerks generaly get to the office "8 to 9ish", sit around reading books most of the day, and shut down around 4.  

I don't know what OR that is, but it's certainly not like any I've ever worked in.  The only books I've ever read at work were ones like CFAOs etc!  I have worked in a couple of ORs since I've been in, and every one of them had more work than people to do it all.

Most of the cooks I've seen were CF members with the civies doing the odd jobs like making salad's, serving etc.

I am a civilian... Getting sworn in soon if my medical is cleared.

I agree the commercials are not very appealing.

They need to get some faster paced music and show the people doing stimulating stuff that would appear to young people.  In a way I guess, glorify it.  The American adds are definitely pretty cool....  Its bad that they stand out more then ours.

As for the rapelling, I saw they go a step further and show JTF2 (masks on of course) conducting a live fire exercise or something.  Some might call this false advertising because of the chances of actually getting into JTF2.  The fact of the matter is its a option once youve joined at least to try out for.  Why not advertise it... The recruiters can clarify the chances of joining such an elite group if the recruiter asks.

They need to really glorify it, and emphasize the options that it is open to as opposed to just showing such a friendly face.  The young people these days (at least my generation) grew up with nintendo and stimulating video games.  I mean the commercials arent horrible, but I remember the Niagra Falls Marineland commercials more then I did the Canadian Forces ones.  I say show some action!

Maybe advertise statistics like the longest snipe in record... etc.

Just a thought.  :cdn: :cdn: :cdn: :cdn: :cdn:

IcEPiCk said:
I am a civilian... Getting sworn in soon if my medical is cleared.

I agree the commercials are not very appealing.

They need to get some faster paced music and show the people doing stimulating stuff that would appear to young people.   In a way I guess, glorify it.   The American adds are definitely pretty cool....   Its bad that they stand out more then ours.

As for the rapelling, I saw they go a step further and show JTF2 (masks on of course) conducting a live fire exercise or something.   Some might call this false advertising because of the chances of actually getting into JTF2.   The fact of the matter is its a option once youve joined at least to try out for.   Why not advertise it... The recruiters can clarify the chances of joining such an elite group if the recruiter asks.

They need to really glorify it, and emphasize the options that it is open to as opposed to just showing such a friendly face.   The young people these days (at least my generation) grew up with nintendo and stimulating video games.   I mean the commercials arent horrible, but I remember the Niagra Falls Marineland commercials more then I did the Canadian Forces ones.    I say show some action!

Maybe advertise statistics like the longest snipe in record... etc.

Just a thought.    :cdn: :cdn: :cdn: :cdn: :cdn:

I'm not sure how old you are, but I do agree with my generation having the Nintendo's and such...they were so cool!!(I still have mine from 1988)
I think if they make the videos exciting, and also make sure they put not only the cool "hightly unlikely you'll ever do it" scenes and mix in some realistic scenes too, they really could appeal to the younger generation.

Maybe even go as far as to say that at the end of it all you have apension...that is what appeals to me since I know I am not goign to get one wiping old peoples butts for the next 25 years.... ;D ;)

There should be alot of factors considered in a new recruiting add... I mean it cant be all blow stuff up... or jets zipping by, or something like that... there should also be some mention of educational benefits as well... Not to mention... it might be better to have someone in the comercial who isint over 30

It does seem like the Canadian Forces is obsessed with logistics. 

I'm certain if our commercials started showing more "real" footage of our soldiers performing in Afghanistan doing  foot and vehicle patrols, helicopters flying around, our naval boarding parties searching ships, engineers blowing stuff sky high (which is always awesome), snipers moving into their hides, the odd flash of JTF guys running around doing their thing we would still get the needed about of CSS and CS interested recruits all the while attracting more combat arms types. Maybe those combat arms types would be harder talked out of what they want to do by CFRC.

Has anyone considered  patriotism as an inspiration to join?
Rock music and action shots are cool, but why not appeal to the heart rather than the eyes and ears?

Maybe the CF/DND should produce their own recruting commercials instead of getting all these market research companies out of Quebec to do it.  Much cheaper and probably more effective.  I just slapped this example together in about 20 minutes.  Excuse the cheezy slogans, I just felt I should add something that would appeal to the fluffy bunny crowd:

http://army.ca/cgi-bin/album.pl?photo=ZMisc/recruiting2.jpg

I would love to try to get one of the video and design classes in my school to try and produce a Recruiting video... I dont know how well it would go over with the teachers, but it might be worth mentioning  :salute: :cdn:

Why dont the recruiting ads look like the operation apollo video I just watched?

Or the PPCLI video I downloaded?

If they depicted the military with those types of images / videos and music instead of the current advertisements Ive seen in circulation on television they would probably increase recruiting numbers.

Just a thought.

:cdn: :cdn: :cdn:

Its because of Canadian society. Lets face it our society doesn't see it self as an agressor, thus the ads are armed with sugar coating.

That is why naive Canadian's won't let go of the term peacekeeper in relation to us and deployments. Canada has to accept these type of commercial's (U S army style), and I don't care if no one agree's , but image has a lot to play in one's confidence. In our case, our commercials don't seem candy coated, they're f***** gay! And not only the public see's this, the world see's this! If they show hard core combat arms training and some Op Apollo videos (even JTF training) guaranteed our image in the minds of Canadian's (and our allies) will change!

I agree with Bitter PPCLI CPL. Good thing that "Truth, Duty, Valour" is coming up with various unique videos of several unique MOCs and Courses. The Recruiting office sshould carry these episodes as it will boost the interests of folks who are wanting to join to a great extent. The PPF Course episodes have so far been my favourite! BTW, anyone know where I can download the series off of without spending a fortune? I would appreciate that. :cdn:

Because mommy wouldn't let you join the public service if she thought you might get hurt.

BITTER PPCLI CPL said:
That is why naive Canadian's won't let go of the term peacekeeper in relation to us and deployments. Canada has to accept these type of commercial's (U S army style), and I don't care if no one agree's , but image has a lot to play in one's confidence. In our case, our commercials don't seem candy coated, they're f***** gay! And not only the public see's this, the world see's this! If they show hard core combat arms training and some Op Apollo videos (even JTF training) guaranteed our image in the minds of Canadian's (and our allies) will change!

damn straight!!!

Yea even just showing some rapelling... Why not use JTF2 as a recruiting tool?  Its not like the Navy Seals arent shown off to the US public... People buy tickets to watch them demonstrate exercises...  We dont have to go that far but just show some footage of them breaking down a door or something cool that might raise your pulse just a bit more. 

They could discuss the dangerous times we live in (appeals to risk takers, the type of people we WANT anyways) etc etc...  Show some Afghanistan action, mention the sniper record, whatever it takes it terms of television ads...  If they werent so worried about offending people there wouldnt be a problem.  You cant please everyone, and they are trying to appeal to a certain audience like any ads.  The rest can flip the channel! :)

:threat:

:cdn: :cdn: :cdn: :cdn: :cdn: :cdn:

Back