• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recruiting Office Tour?

Duckman54

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all...  I've applied to CF as DEO Pilot (yes, couple back-up trades listed, but we're going for gold here!). Application all sent in to Virtual center, told it's been txfr'd to Vancouver recruiting center, and been contacted by a Recruiter there to confirm this.

I'm up north, nowhere near Vancouver (12-hr drive) and asked recruiter if I'd need to make three separate trips down to Van for CFAT, Interview and Medical. Response was that all three would be conducted over a day or two max up here in Prince George.

So NOW the question is...  although I've seen a few senior members on here tell fellas "every application is individual" and I'm NOT asking how long it'll take to process me...  what I'd like to know is how often Recruiting Officers leave their warm offices and venture out on the road to visit us 'Outliers'?  Should I expect to hear nothing until after their annual/semi-annual/quarterly trek up north?  Do they book a trip when they've got enough decent-looking applications to warrant the cost? Would I be better off volunteering to travel down south to my home-town to 'speed things up'?

I ask bcz I know they only open the gates for DEO Pilot o-so-rarely, and I'd hate to miss out on a potential opening due to missing one vital piece, only to be shelved for another 8 months or so...  If there's anything *I* can do, I'm more than willing to make the effort. Then once the ball is in their court, understand I'll just hafta be patient for a Yea or Nea.

'Greg.

I live in Nova Scotia and when I had my CFAT, medical exam and interview it was all in one day also I was given mileage. I'm not sure the exact rate but it was XX cents/ Per Km in cash, it covered the money I spent on gas. Also I was given the option to go to a restaurant to eat and be reimbursed but you need to keep the receipt.

Hopefully that answered some questions, as all ways contact the RC/ your career counsellor for the exact answers as things are all ways changing in the CF.

Best of luck!

Things would move quicker if you went to the centre (ask them first).  Toronto (where I worked) File Managers/MCCs never left to conduct on the road visits.  Other places owing to our Country's vastness, and finite resources, have to travel.  When/Where they travel is a good question.  On my FM  course one of the instructors was from Vancouver (she is no longer there though), she said they would travel to outlying areas when they could basically maximize/justify the cost to go on the road.

Thanks fellas!  However, question now officially answered! 

Got a phone call this morning, telling me they'll be here next week!  Got my CFAT, Interview, Medical and some 'personality test' (I'm screwed! lol) all being done next Friday.

Wish me luck!

'Greg.

Sounds like it all worked out. But generally speaking, don't wait for things to just happen. Always stay proactive and make an effort to book your tests, check your application status etc. You are the one that wants this the most, it only makes sense that you make sure to stay up to date. Your application process won't end after your CFAT, interview, and medical (provided you pass all three), there will be plenty more things to check up on, so keep this tip in mind. Stay keen. Good luck.

Duckman54 said:
Thanks fellas!  However, question now officially answered! 

Got a phone call this morning, telling me they'll be here next week!  Got my CFAT, Interview, Medical and some 'personality test' (I'm screwed! lol) all being done next Friday.

Wish me luck!

'Greg.

Glad you made it on the latest PG Remote.  They happen about 2-3 times a year.  For anyone else reading this, the best advice I can give is get in touch with your file manager and let them know you exist.  If your trade is a priority or there is an upcoming selection, that might be reason enough to justify flying you to a recruiting centre for processing.  As for paying the cost yourself, again, let your file manager know you exist and express that point to them.  It costs about $1000 to come down, depending where in the North you are, so if nothing else, they will do their best to accommodate you in one day.

Back