• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recommended DLN courses

Maxman1

Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations for DLN courses to take? I've noticed some like PLQ and foreign weapons, are those useful?

Anyone have any recommendations for DLN courses to take? I've noticed some like PLQ and foreign weapons, are those useful?
You can't take specific courses like PLQ on your own you have to be course loaded on them by usually your career manager. Most of the time for DLN courses you will be told you must take a course, such as Security Awareness, or if you have anything to do with budget, Expenditure Management.

There are a few random ones that anyone (I think) can take.

• Basic Space Operations Course
  • Military Justice at the Unit Level (MJUL)
  • Basic Electronic Warfare (not sure if that is open to everyone)
There are probably others but those come to mind first.

You can't take specific courses like PLQ on your own you have to be course loaded on them by usually your career manager. Most of the time for DLN courses you will be told you must take a course, such as Security Awareness, or if you have anything to do with budget, Expenditure Management.

There are apparently web-based mods for PLQ that can be taken on one's own time without being loaded on an actual course.

If you are on the tech side there is a new LCMM course that is supposed to do a decent job with the DRMIS side of things. Haven't done it myself but the folks in my section are saying it's pretty useful.

If you are doing it just for PD points though not sure I would bother, as they shouldn't be counted towards points for promotion (but I think are reasonable for self directed learning if they are relevant, but that doesn't seem to be part of the PAR scoring anymore).

Back