• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recognition Game - Images of Historical Battlefields

Cloud Cover

Army.ca Fixture
Subscriber
Reaction score
What historical battlefield is this? Post an image, then one more as a further hint. First correct answer goes next or pass to someone else. Cheers.

Attachments

• 2D145C98-5CC1-49F3-A9B5-4C32C06FE413.jpeg
    2D145C98-5CC1-49F3-A9B5-4C32C06FE413.jpeg
    717.5 KB · Views: 108
CloudCover said:
What historical battlefield is this? Post an image, then one more as a further hint. First correct answer goes next or pass to someone else. Cheers.

Khe Sanh?

A period photo.

Attachments

• 5678.jpg
    5678.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 100
kkwd said:
A period photo.

I just transitted the Dardenells and the Bosphorus.  And I have conducted a parade at the Trukish Gallipoli memorial.  It never ceases to amaze me that someone could look at that coast line and come with the wild idea of conducting opposed landings there...

The landings weren't really opposed except in one or two places, and the amphibious plan was largely a success.  It was the fact that the British didn't move off the beachhead fast enough, squandering the initiative they had gained with the landings, that created the fiasco.

Halifax Tar said:
I just transitted the Dardenells and the Bosphorus.  And I have conducted a parade at the Trukish Gallipoli memorial.  It never ceases to amaze me that someone could look at that coast line and come with the wild idea of conducting opposed landings there...

Like Dieppe, right?

At least Churchill got the sack, as First Sea Lord, for messing up Gallipoli.

daftandbarmy said:
Like Dieppe, right?

At least Churchill got the sack, as First Sea Lord, for messing up Gallipoli.

No, not like Dieppe. Dieppe was a fiasco from the get go. They did not even really get onto the beach in good order, much less really get off of it in any strength.

Back