• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recently changed Recruiting Centres and being told contradicting things

Thomdrils

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys, so just have a little situation here and looking for some clarification.

I completed a 3 year contract from 2011-2014 and released with out any kind of issues and on good terms. I attended a year of university before deciding that I was happier in the Forces in my previous occupation as an NCM.

So I went to the recruiting centre to hand in my application and get the process started, I was told that since I haven't been out for long and assuming once my PLAR comes back all my courses are still valid that I would be considered a skilled applicant and essentially fast tracked through the application process with a promise of a posting to my old Regiment.

Well recently due to some changes my recruiting centre was reduced in hours and my file was transferred to another recruiting centre. Well upon showing up to the new recruiting centre to just touch base and hand in a form that needed to be filled out I inquired on how long I should expect to wait for an interview and I was pretty much told that I will have to wait just as long as any new recruit. That theirs no fast track and I won't be getting in any faster then any raw recruit walking in from the street.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm very appreciative of having a second chance of committing to the Forces a second time around and will wait however long it will take. Just looking for some clarification on weither I was misinformed? And if I wasn't what would be the appropriate way of approaching this with the recruiter.

Thanks!

Thomdrils said:
Hey guys, so just have a little situation here and looking for some clarification.

I completed a 3 year contract from 2011-2014 and released with out any kind of issues and on good terms. I attended a year of university before deciding that I was happier in the Forces in my previous occupation as an NCM.

So I went to the recruiting centre to hand in my application and get the process started, I was told that since I haven't been out for long and assuming once my PLAR comes back all my courses are still valid that I would be considered a skilled applicant and essentially fast tracked through the application process with a promise of a posting to my old Regiment.

Well recently due to some changes my recruiting centre was reduced in hours and my file was transferred to another recruiting centre. Well upon showing up to the new recruiting centre to just touch base and hand in a form that needed to be filled out I inquired on how long I should expect to wait for an interview and I was pretty much told that I will have to wait just as long as any new recruit. That theirs no fast track and I won't be getting in any faster then any raw recruit walking in from the street.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm very appreciative of having a second chance of committing to the Forces a second time around and will wait however long it will take. Just looking for some clarification on weither I was misinformed? And if I wasn't what would be the appropriate way of approaching this with the recruiter.

Thanks!

If you have been reading any of the many posts on this site about re-enrolling and other application questions that included the requirement of a PLAR, you would have found that this is a long process and has no fixed time-frame.  So, yes, your processing can likely be much the same as any other applicant. 

As you have been out for approximately one year, I wonder if you brought in your last MPPR when you reapplied at the CFRC?  I would have thought that your MPPR would have sufficed to get you back in without the necessity of a PLAR. 

Thanks for taking the time to respond, I appreciate that.

I actually did bring in my MPPR which was given to me at the time of my release but I was told that they still would require a PLAR. I have done a bit of reading here as well as talked to a few colleagues that I've worked with that have ended up in recruiting at some point and I've been told that I would be prioritized above other candidates due to being fully qualified in the desired trade and that I wouldn't be merit listed and instead given an offer with a respective posting. 

I also understand from reading around that their really is no definite standard that applies to everyone and that I just have to roll with the punches, but I was always under the impression from what I've read and what other people have told me that while I would need to apply like any new applicant that the process would be prioritized. This was also what I was told by the career councilor I spoke to in the original CFRC which is why I'm a little confused.

Either way I'm dragging this on, thanks for taking the time to read this and I'll keep digging around.

Thomdrils said:
I completed a 3 year contract from 2011-2014 and released with out any kind of issues and on good terms.

To add to what George said,

Getting Back In/Re-enrolling Mega Thread 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/294.475

Back