• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Real Soldiers Sneer at ‘I Always Felt That I Was in the Military’ Trump

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
The few.  The proud.  The boarding school survivors ....
Donald J. Trump, who received draft deferments through much of the Vietnam War, told the author of a forthcoming biography that he nevertheless “always felt that I was in the military” because of his education at a military-themed boarding school.

Mr. Trump said that his experience at the New York Military Academy, an expensive prep school where his parents had sent him to correct poor behavior, gave him “more training militarily than a lot of the guys that go into the military.”

That claim may raise eyebrows given that Mr. Trump, now a Republican presidential candidate, never served in the military and mocked Senator John McCain, a decorated naval aviator, for his years long captivity during the Vietnam War.

“He’s not a war hero,” Mr. Trump said in July. “He’s a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren’t captured. ....
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight ....

A deferment was legitimate and I didnt see what his draft number was.A high number meant unless there was a WW2 type draft you werent going.A low number usually was incentive for people to go to college and stay until they got a degree.Its not like the draft dodgers who left the country.

tomahawk6 said:
A deferment was legitimate and I didnt see what his draft number was.A high number meant unless there was a WW2 type draft you werent going.A low number usually was incentive for people to go to college and stay until they got a degree.Its not like the draft dodgers who left the country.
With a deferment, if it's legal, it's legal - I'll leave the ethics to whoever has to look at themselves in the mirror.

Notwithstanding normal grousing about one branch or another, though, I'm guessing there would be very few serving military who've done less training than the Don-ster got at prep school.

Real Soldiers Sneer at ‘I Always Felt That I Was in the Military’ Trump

Saying prep school was just like being at West Point did not go over well at the Pentagon.

ARLINGTON, Virginia  — The most common response at the Pentagon to Donald Trump’s claim that he “always felt that I was in the military” because he went to a military-themed boarding school was a slight roll of the eyes followed by one word:

“Really?”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/09/08/real-soldiers-sneer-at-i-always-felt-that-i-was-in-the-military-trump.html

I joined the Army in 1972 and saw how people played the system so as to avoid Vietnam.The war was winding down and out of my AIT company none got orders for Vietnam as infantry.Maybe a half dozen received orders for Nam but first they were going to ground surveillance radar school.I had a contract guaranteeing Airborne and Ranger School.Of course afterwards the Army was free to send me anywhere. :D

If by "more slimey", you mean more than Hillary or the incumbent, then, no, he can't.

Trump is a salesman and a quite successful one at that.Running for President is like a marathon,you can be strong out of the gate and fade down the stretch.He bailed the last time he ran,so I for one am taking a wait and see attitude.If he is the nominee he gets my support.Right now he is sure a better alternative than Jeb Bush.

I like Kasich but he has almost no chance of getting the nomination IMO.

Loachman said:
If by "more slimey", you mean more than Hillary or the incumbent, then, no, he can't.

Batman agrees:

thumbsandammo-8.jpg

tomahawk6 said:

Don't know much about the system, but found this: Donald Trump: 356, June 14, 1946

ME

Back