• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

re-proofing Goretex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lerch

Inactive
Reaction score
So as some may know, Goretex wears out after use and loses it's proofing.
Does anyone know how to re-proof jackets, etc..? I've heard there were chemicals that you put in while washing, but I'm not sure.

Sorry. I've washed mine plenty and have never had a problem, nor loss of repelancy.

Like said above you can wash it in stuff that will restore the Goretex or spray stuff on after you take it out of the dryer.

http://www.oneshottactical.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=oneshot&Product_Code=AC-RWSFO&Category_Code=AC

Ive used Nikwax lots on my goretex stuff, as well as their other products for down sleeping bags, ect. The stuff works well for maintaining water proofness and such.

I've also used Nikwax, it is good for maintenance, but if you are already losing repellancy, trade it in, it's too late.

When you get a new Gore-tex garment, dry it on HIGH heat for a half hour or so, it causes the gore -tex spray to bond more tightly to the fabric, and will make it last longer.

Then use Nikwax.

Thanks for all the info guys, I'm gonna make a few calls around to local sporting shops ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back