The hardest part of this project was the aircraft. Took me literally months to find suitable 3D models to print, and to fix up the models that I was able to find to make them print-able. It doesn't show in the images, but the Sea Kings require a lot of putty work on the sliding door area to 'fix' them.
Truthfully, the 'easy' part is the hull. The hard part is the detail, and with a model this big, it's very very very easy to overdo the detail. There is just so MUCH gear on a ship. Lockers, ladders, workbenches, hose reels, barrier brackets, flight deck tractors, fork lifts, crane trucks, guard rails, radar dishes, torpedo dolly, wheel chocks racks, antennas, loudspeakers....the list goes on and on. The question is, what is my 'limit' for detail. With a 3D printer capable of 0.4mm resolution, I can print things that would be just shy of 40mm in size in real life. In short - smaller than 4cm isn't getting made.
I've decided that I will not do photo-etch brass detail work. I'm also mostly decided not to add crew to the ship...but I found some 1/100 scale figures that I posed in the hangar just for looks. Not sure if they'll make it to the final version.
My goal is not a 'museum perfect' model. Having compared the hull and deck to the blueprints, there are already variances that I am accepting, having not built the hull myself. That said, it will certainly be a representative model - one that anyone who looks at will certainly recognize as being the Bonnie. If you dig into the weeds, you'll see that the port gun sponson is off a bit, and that the OAL is out by about 1%, and that the beam is off about 2%, but really, the guys in the HMCS Bonaventure facebook group are really encouraging and have given me some great insight from their memories.