• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RCMP Recruiting, BGI

Fry

Inactive
Reaction score
I know you guys can't make generalizations or assumptions about anything in the recruiting process, since each case/recruit/recruiter is different, however, an opinion is what I seek.

I'm in the final stage of the recruitment process, and the member who reviewed my BGI says I may lack some core competencies. Everything else , I did excellent in. They said that all references checked out, but one was a little old, one was the mother of an old friend of mine and some I haven't had an extreme amount of contact with in the last year or two, since I was living away. The recruiting NCO will review my file this week or the next and make a decision.

They say not to put your life on hold for the recruitment process, but last fall, they got authorization to cut my lasik wait time to 3 months and gave me the date of November 5th as a possible depot date, if my BGI got back in time. About 3 months later and I'm still eager to hear some news. Just wondering if any of you think it could pose a problem. I'd hate to get terminated after these past few years, numerous expenses, time, energy and effort devoted to the process.

If you are not in regular contact with your file handler then give them a shout. It' s not being nosey or bothersome, it's eagerness... especially if you've had no comms in a while.

The reason they gave you sounds a bit BS, we are dying for recruits (Just like every other emergency service) they cannot afford to pick the pepper out of the fly shit. Your background investigator should extend your friends and associates list or contact you for other references if the ones provided where stale.

Something doesn't smell right, give them a call.

Noneck

Yeah, I agree, something doesn't smell right, but the file hasn't been reviewed yet. The NCO called me because I requested to speak with her immediately after the call from the member who reviewed my BGI. I'll receive a call early next week, I'm told.

They never terminated my file or mentioned that word, but to get a call just telling me those reasons as to why I lack competencies, then I'm not quite sure what else to do. I'll just await final word next week pending the NCO's review.

Thanks though  :)

Back