• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RCMP Info, discussion

It's almost 0330hrs right now... a day in the life of a Police Officer....

I walked into the office today with a cup of coffee, just to check my e-mail.  I got roped into an overtime shift until 1800hrs.  I went to back up another member on a file, and ended up having to do a search warrant for a grow op with over 1500 plants.  I got 17 hrs at double time, but I'm damn tired right now... and I smell like dope.

Right you are, Ken!!!

Look out for the Nards of Doom!

Get it on!

Sorry for the hijack fellas, we have the MXC banter at the hall, we're always arsing around with it and can barely talk to one another now without sounding like Kenny Blankenship or Vic Romano. I couldn't help myself.

Sorry about hijacking this thread but it is related to policing.....to all police officers from BC i have a question.

Question :  I was driving to work and while on HWY 1 betweeen Abbotsford and Chilliwack a police car passed me and out of curiousity( as usual ) i checked to see if it was RCMP or Abbotsford because both forces patrol that stretch of the highway. To my complete astonishment it was neither. The car just said POLICE. The only other mark was some sort of crest or logo before the letters POLICE on the doors. And it wasn't a JIBC car either. It passed me pretty quick so i didn't get a chance to read or identify the logo. My father and I were both puzzled as to what force it belongs to. any ideas?

Oh, gawd!  You looked at the Secret Logo Police.  Never speak of this agian, at your own peril. :-X

It could have been CN or CP Police, both their logos spotlight the "Police" and not the service name.

Noneck,

I got to agree with you, the new ptl jacket is great.  Like Blackhorse, I wear my Danners, summer and winter.(unlike you, we have winter!)  I liked the cargo pants, the ones I had I bought, they looked alot better then the issue ones.  I would like to see us abandon the tie, switch to dark shirts, replace the ugly external SBA carrier, change our boots, loose the forge hat and finally and hardest to take, loose the yellow strip on our duty pants.

Thoughts?

Jay

Jay I am with you 100%, we don't get a chance to choose which day the bad guys wanna play, so we have to be equipped for it all the time with quality kit!

Our 1970's duty uniform takes a lot to be desired. Even CBSA has seen the light and moved to an all dark blue uniform and cargo pants. I personally would find it hard to loose the yellow stripe as it is a bit of history, however in the name of police officer safety I think I could swallow it.

I find the VPD patrol uniform very smart (Don't tell Blueboy) and a hell of a lot more standardized and uniform in appearance than our working uniform.

Cheers
noneck

I concur with all above, but keep the stripe for GD.  And bick... I'm from the "Peg"... I know ALL about winter!!  ;D

PG actually gets pretty cold, but nothing like the Prairies.  It hits -30 C for a couple of weeks in winter, but usually floats between -10 C to -20 C.

I am all for the yellow strip on our bananna pants and breeches, I just think they are way too reflective (and I'm a traffic cop)

Ghastly new Traffic jackets.... I go back to the watch next week.  Traffic was not for me.

I think, as still a civilian, that the yellow stripe on the pants looks good and helps distinguish rcmp from other policemen. As far as the yellow traffic jackets go I think they look alright, kind of like a european rally racing look. But i have yet to see them up close or wear one. I just thought I would add a civy point of view.  :salute:

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that I don't think any of them really care about looks. ::)

uhh read the least few posts.  ;D

Sorry I meant last few posts. I can't edit due to my punishment still.

One post about it and your going to caution me to re-read the thread. You're swinging and missing here, sunshine.

The yellow jackets should only be worn by those working traffic, they are an officer safety risk otherwise. I have heard that the new jackets are going to be the high viz lime green style the Brits wear...oh well  more toys for boys!

Noneck

noneck said:
I personally would find it hard to loose the yellow stripe as it is a bit of history, however in the name of police officer safety I think I could swallow it.

What's the safety issue?  Visibility when sneaking around in the dark looking for criminals, or something else?

Neill McKay said:
What's the safety issue?  Visibility when sneaking around in the dark looking for criminals, or something else?

Thats about it.  If you are on a traffic post, you want to stand out like a roman candle.  Other than that, dark and stealthy is the way to go.
For some reason, our department had a burning need to go back to the red stripe pants.  We were doing just fine with plain blue cargo pants, but oh well.  BTW, we wear base ball caps as our issued uniform head dress.

Apparently our Div rep announced today a major change in the RCMP uniform that will soon be implemented.  They are going to make the external carrier for the body armour the same color as our duty shirts, and get rid of the tie.  Love the idea of getting rid of the tie, hate the idea of making the external carrier the same color as the shirt.  That thing will be a dirt magnet.  Make the shirt navy blue instead. 

Back