• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RCMP Info, discussion

Quote from jimb,
and then go directly to the gun instead of being able to "fight" it out with a subject on the street.

..and I said pardon?....Well I'm 6'4", 260 pounds and if you think for a second I should, or would "fight" it out on the street instead of " go directly to the gun" then, in my opinion,you really have a lot of maturing to do before you should consider law enforcement work.

If I want to fight then I'll go to the gym,..... or play hockey.......

Spr.Earl said:
Got that right,the one in the OPP was up in Souix Look Out now down in Kingston on Marine Patrol now.
As too my two Queens Cowboy's,one is in the Nanaimo Det. and the other is in Vic. Det. on the Island.
And I'm proud of all three of them. :cdn: :salute:

My uncle used to be a detective at the Nanaimo Det until he retired a few years ago. He loved the job and the Det.
Every now and again the guys contact him for help.

jimb said:
Warning noted , but how about this instead..........Recruit based on the census, with the ratio of white versus others set by the last census of Canada? That would "refelect the face of Canada" wouldn't it?

Well, that is quota recruiting as well, and is just as bad in my books.  How about this:  take the best candidates who apply?

And how about this for an idea...............PLace a lot more weight on the physical ability of ALL the candidates, so that the small size females would not make it thru as armed cops, and then go directly to the gun instead of being able to "fight" it out with a subject on the street.

That's only one facet of the job - I want to make sure that they are smart enough to follow a paper trail to catch white-collar embezzlers or have the sense to look after the chain of evidence so the case doesn't get chucked out of court.

Having had run-ins with the opposite type, I agree with you completely.

JimB,

I'm a recruit with the RCMP, I start training on 6 Nov 05 with Troop 25.  It took me 17 months from when I attended my info session to when I recieved the call that I was found suitable and was loaded in to a Troop.

Just for interests sake, I am 22 years old, I have 2 years mil. experience with the Loyal Edmonton Reg't, and two years worth of post-secondary education from the University of Alberta.  I have held 3 full time jobs in my life; I worked at a SportChek, I worked at Canadian Tire, and I worked at a Marina on the Shuswap lake.  The longest any of these jobs lasted was four months, for the most part they were summer employment (because we all know how well the reserves promise of a full summers employment pans out.) 

Stu

Nice, did you have to do a polygraph?

MOD: Spelling error.

so that the small size females would not make it thru as armed cops, and then go directly to the gun instead of being able to "fight" it out with a subject on the street.
Why should they fight it out with some ass on the street? If she has the occasion to say come with me or hands behind the back, we know you screwed up so why fight, and if you want to escalate the situation I'm sure she can make up her mind quite quickly on how to deal with you.

As far as I know we dont do polygraphs up here in canada.... we do psychological testing that determines the way you think.... but we dont use polygraph's

Sappo said:
As far as I know we dont do polygraphs up here in canada.... we do psychological testing that determines the way you think.... but we dont use polygraph's

Then why does it mention one on the RCMP recruiting website?

I know forsure the EPS does polygraphs.I had a friend deferred for 5yrs because of it.So if the EPS uses polygraphs, you know forsure the RCMP does, it only makes sense to use it.How else do they know if you are lying or not.

Sappo said:
A girl in my Unit is going through the RCMP recruiting process, and she just had one done last month as part of her interviews.

Sappo said:
They still do polygraphs in Ottawa for certain jobs as my son just had one in Oct for a new gov. posn

The polygraph became a mandatory part of the RCMP application process on November 1st.  As such, I was not submitted to it.

Stu

I am almost finished filling out my forms for the RCMP, I passed my pare test, and now have to do a polygraph and an interview and pass the medical before going to depot.

We have the polygraph here in the Vancouver Police Dept. It works, as it merely is utilized as a tool to reinforce to concept of truthfullness. The Dept knows that everyone has done some things that are better left tucked away. All they are looking for is to see if you are a decietful individual. It's nothing to be afraid of.

+1 Blackhorse. ;)
They don't do poly's in Ontario so far.  Would make for some excellent video clips, though.

I'm not quite that far, but almost. I made it to an interview, which is tomorrow at 9am. Terribleness, because we're supposed to get 15-25 cm of snow, followed by 45 mm of rain.

Just got back from moores, got a nice suit and all, I hope it goes well.

Fry said:
I'm not quite that far, but almost. I made it to an interview, which is tomorrow at 9am. Terribleness, because we're supposed to get 15-25 cm of snow, followed by 45 mm of rain.

Just got back from moores, got a nice suit and all, I hope it goes well.
Good Luck!

Well did teh interview, hardest thing ever! It was mentally brutal, but it's done. Passed it too!! Yay.

Back