• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RCMP Drug Enforcement

hagan_91

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Is this branch similar to the US DEA in the terms of we do the investigations and are apart of the raiding team? Anyone have experience in what lifes like in this unit? Sounds very intresting and would be an amazing job imo. Also where are the postings for this unit? Any info regarding is helpful.

Thanks

To answer your questions is the RCMP Drug units like the DEA....yes and no!

Muncipal drug sections in contract Provinces are going after street level trafficking, dial a dope, grows, small labs ect and low level UC's. These muncipal sections are small, the one that I belonged to was commanded by a Cpl and had 4 Cst's. Larger muncipal detachments I.E Surrey would have larger sections.

Federal Drug Sections cover off for an RCMP Division I.E E Div (BC), they have significantly more manpower 50-100 persons (more if required). They take on food groups, bikers, Asian organized crime, trad OC, mega labs, mother ships and large scale conspiracys to import. Their files can last for years and can run well into the millions of dollars. They both coordinate and work internationally. This is the closest to the DEA that you will get.

You do not just roll into a Fed Drug Section here in Western Canada, without first putting in your time doing GD in a detachment. If posted straight from training to non-contract provinces (Ont and Que) you may get posted straight to a Fed Drugs unit.....but generally this is not good to do as you miss out on all the GD development you get as a uniformed member humping calls!

Hope this helps.

Noneck

Couldnt of asked for a better answer. Ive been looking hard into being a cop just hard to decide municipal or federal.

Thanks

noneck- I'll add to the 'thanks!' on that. I'm hoping to be off to depot by the end of the year, and that was a very, very useful post for helping to figure out the 'second posting' possibilities. Cheers!

No worries folks. PM me if you have any questions. Also if you have the time go over to blueline forums. There is a Law Enforcement Applicants section, which will answer any questions you have on being applicant across the country. There is a fairly good RCMP thread which will also give you ideas of timelines and what to expect throughout the process.

Cheers
Noneck

Yup, I've been reading Blueline; I consider it the police equivalent of this place- great site. I'm past my PIRL now and am awaiting return form Gagetown to do my Poly. Hopefully it goes smooth from there.

Here is the link:

http://forums.blueline.ca/viewforum.php?f=24

As you pointed out Brihard there is a ton of good info on there.

Cheers
Noneck

Brihard said:
Yup, I've been reading Blueline; I consider it the police equivalent of this place- great site. I'm past my PIRL now and am awaiting return form Gagetown to do my Poly. Hopefully it goes smooth from there.

If you need some help ensuring you pass the poly send me a PM ;)

ObedientiaZelum said:
If you need some help ensuring you pass the poly send me a PM ;)

I see no way that can possibly go wrong.

BRIHARD I wouldn't go and discuss the Poly with anyone, as it's covered in the pre-poly questionaire and interview.  It may be percieved by some as trying to get around the system and thus an integrity issue. Stick with the plan of getting a good nights sleep, dress to impress, and be completely honest and open. You should do just fine!!

Back