• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RCMP Dental Plan

bunker

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm currently in the hiring process for the RCMP, having passed the RPAT and cant wait to receive further documents I need to fill out.

In the mean time, just prior to this I was thinking of get Orthodontics work done, and with my current employer I get covered up to $3000 lifetime for Braces work. So I know its a little pre-mature, but it makes sense to check but no where can I seem to find the answer. On the government website it indicates the RCMP dental plan for Orthodontics covers 90% of the expenses up to $2500, but a friend of mine who's dad is in the RCMP said she's pretty sure its full coverage with no limit.

If RCMP has a better coverage plan than my current employer than I"ll wait and see how things go with the RCMP and worry about braces later.

So if anyone knows for certain what the orthodontics coverage is for the RCMP and what the lifetime limit is, I'd really appreciate it. I don't want to call RCMP HR and ask, they might thinkg oddly of me.

Thanks again!

I believe the RCMP is covered by the Public Service plan - google 'public service dental plan" and see what pops out.

When I looked it up, it says up to $2500 lifetime, but as mentioned a friend of mine says her dad gets 100% coverage no limit on braces, I'm trying to confirm because if its actually $2500 than I might as well get them done now through my plan because its up to $3000.

I am a member and thought the same thing until last year when I went for extensive work....we do get 100%, however there is a cap each year of $2500.00. If the work is required immediately then your dentist can apply through the RCMP to have the plan extended to do the work.

Back