• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RCD Model Decals

reccecrewman

Inactive
Reaction score
Wasn't sure exactly where I should put this query, but Mil History seemed appropriate.  I build scale models as a hobby and am nearing completion of a Staghound Mk. I vehicle.  The model came with markings for numerous British Regiments, and the XII Manitoba Dragoons. I have searched every model website I can find, Googled like a madman and have come up empty handed in my search.  I am looking for RCD markings appropriate to the Staghound.  The best site I came up with was a German company, peddinghaus-decals, but after an exhaustive search through their online catalogues, I found none.

Are there any model builders out there who can direct me to a supplier who will have RCD decals of decent quality?  Many thanks in advance, and Mods, if I put this is in the wrong forum, I apologise and understand if it gets moved to wherever you deem appropriate.  Many thanks to anyone who can help.

Recce, Archer Fine Transfers makes a whole bunch of applicable decals for Canadian Vehicles.

Take a look here

http://www.archertransfers.com/CAT_Canadian.html

A great resource for markings is http://www.armouredacorn.com/#!canadian-vehicle-markings/c1oy0

You can use the Arm of Service marking from the 12 MD; they had the same white 44 on a green-over-blue as the RCD:

c44.JPG

The difference is the Corp markings:

1 Cdn Corps, to which RCD Stags belonged to, looked like this:
1CdnCorpssmall.JPG

2 Corps (which I believe is the formation marking included with the model) look like this:
2CdnCorpssmall.JPG

This is the decal sheet you want from Archer... you're gonna have a few left over  :nod:
AR77038.gif

I think the Sqn insignia would be the same between the two units. Serial numbers would be different, but that a whole other level of OCD.

Thank you to all who responded. All this information has been greatly appreciated and will be used! Cheers!

Back