• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RCAF Pilots survival vest

Honestly, I wish it was allowed to carry your own, i would go with like a Glock 20 or a FN FNP 45 tactical

Again, thank you so much for the answers

hajjmich said:
Honestly, I wish it was allowed to carry your own, i would go with like a Glock 20 or a FN FNP 45 tactical

Because they're cool in Call of Duty? Have you even fired a Sig P225, Glock 20 or FN FNP 45 Tactical to be able to made an educated guess as to what would be more effective?

hajjmich said:

We are not mercenaries, nor are we beggars, gypsies or thieves.

PuckChaser said:
Because they're cool in Call of Duty? Have you even fired a Sig P225, Glock 20 or FN FNP 45 Tactical to be able to made an educated guess as to what would be more effective?

honestly no, and btw, I hate call of duty, it is a disgrace. I'm just saying based on the capabilities of the ammunition

George Wallace said:

If you life depended on it, you would want it

Final picture: Yes I am not qualified to say my opinion on this, even though it is my right, i do not want to cause problems, and I do not want to get insulted by people here. I am saying this based on what I know, yes, the sig p225 is good enough, but it would not be my first choice in a situation like this

EDIT: I know that because I am a teenager, i may seem stupid and i understand why you may think my only knowledge in firearms is from video games, but that is not true, I am an outcast, I like politics, aviation, and making paracord bracelets.  I also enjoy learning about firearms. Don't assume all teens are stupid. I treat everyone on this forum with respect, i expect the same.

Trunk Monkey said:
For eye in the sky and h3tacco....a trial of a crh in a Griffon.....no monkey tail required. And there is a story behind this...

Magical!!!  ;D

George Wallace said:

Mercenaries would have better weapons, more expensive body armor and not forced to use kit made by the lowest bidder  ;)

Hajjmich, major problems with carrying your own is that the system wouldn't have spare parts to fix yours if something happened, spare magazines if you lost yours and quite possible weapons techs who know how to fix your specific pistol. 

ObedientiaZelum said:
Hajjmich, major problems with carrying your own is that the system wouldn't have spare parts to fix yours if something happened, spare magazines if you lost yours and quite possible weapons techs who know how to fix your specific pistol.

Thank you, it makes sense to me. I appreciate your input.

Let's stay on track here folks and away from the flights of fantasy and dreams.

--Staff--

MJP said:
The 225 narrower than the 226 and the rounds go in the mag single stack only leaving room for 8 (although there are larger mags they will extend out).  Smaller dainty hands have a better time with the 225 for this reason.  :p

That must be why we issue them to pilots and fish-heads.  >:D

'Dainty' pilots get the 225. Some pilots are notably less dainty and carry the 226 as standard issue, thus keeping aligned with their customer.

And even less dainty Pilots carry the good old, solid Browning.

Nothing at all 'wrong' with the BHP. I would call these-safety 'irritating', but that's it. Solid weapon when cared for (including caring for the mags).  SAS still used it as the principal pistol until recently. :nod:

Back