• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Rant - 2014 Army Calendars

Journeyman

Army.ca Legend
Subscriber
Reaction score
First off, let me state right up front that I have little-to-no use for the paid propagandists of the Public Affairs branch.  With all of the ongoing efforts of cutting PYs, it's beyond me why we keep people who have so little to show since their establishment.*  (I won't apologize for my bluntness; I've found that nuance and subtlety are often missed online)

However, one useful item produced by Army PA has been the Army Calendar.  I've seen them in several local businesses, including City hall offices, suggesting it may actually be a successful "Connect with Canadians" effort.  Yet here it is, past mid-January and still no 2014 and no calendars.

"Couldn't organize a piss-up in a brewery"  :not-again:

* Clutching at straws for a positive aspect, one could say that the PA Branch (along with Training Development Officers) precluded all of those cast-off from their original classification from ending up in Intelligence.

You've obviously been dealing way too much with he PAOs in Ottawa.  ;) We're not ALL that bad.

As for the calendars, completely agree.  I've always liked them and were a great giveaway.  Unfortunately they aren't producing them this year.  Guess it's part of the branch's contribution to cost cutting.  ::)

Strike said:
Unfortunately they aren't producing them this year. 
Thanks; I guess I can stop waiting then.  Please feel free to forward the link to this thread up your chain.  :(

Journeyman said:
Thanks; I guess I can stop waiting then.  Please feel free to forward the link to this thread up your chain.  :(

Ditto.  My WHOLE office was looking for them for the past few weeks.  Harassed our "PAO" and he said nope, nada, none coming.

Does this mean we can get those poilitical incorrect Snap on calendars in the office?

Back