• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ranking up as ATIS TECH

hannloot

Inactive
Reaction score
Does anyone know if going up in rank as an ATIS tech is tough. I know its all on performance but it depends on the trade as well. As i know MAT techs no matter how good you are and how many tours you have it can take awhile to rank up because there are not that many positions to fill. Just wondering if ATIS tech is like that or if there is plenty of room to move up if your switched on

hannloot said:
Does anyone know if going up in rank as an ATIS tech is tough. I know its all on performance but it depends on the trade as well. As i know MAT techs no matter how good you are and how many tours you have it can take awhile to rank up because there are not that many positions to fill. Just wondering if ATIS tech is like that or if there is plenty of room to move up if your switched on

For reference, perhaps,

ranking up as ATIS TECH 

will be merged with,

OP: hannloot

ATIS Training 
http://milnet.ca/forums/threads/124145/post-1456009.html#msg1456009

See also,

OP: hannloot

Cpl rank is it just time in
http://milnet.ca/forums/threads/294/post-1456482.html#msg1456482

hannloot said:

Based on my own experience as an AVS tech right now seems to be a great time for advancement as they are short staffed as they were with AVS and other Air Field Trade positions back in 2007. As for ranking for promotions depends a lot on what you do outside of your work environment as well as in. As long as you don't screw up and break things or kill anyone your going to be ranked on par with everyone else no matter how much more you know your job then anyone else. What makes you stand out is getting points for scoring high on your PT test, being fluent in a second language (preferably French and English), taking extra courses outside of work that aide you in your career, doing work for the community (ie leading a volunteering organization/ couching a team). Things like these make you stand out and help grant you more points to score higher on the list for portions. My personal suggestion is to talk to whom ever is writing your PER and chain of command on what you can do to improve yourself.

Back