• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RAN Maritime Multi-Cam Pattern Uniform

dimsum

Army.ca Myth
Mentor
Reaction score
Posted the Reddit thread because some of the comments are pretty good.

13uw0l410rr71.png

p4r7wb9c0rr71.png

Sorry, can someone enlighten me as to what benefit the camo pattern has in a maritime environment? Are you supposed to blend in with the bulkhead of the destroyer / frigate you're on?

CPO1 Parent recommended the reflective tape for our NCD's and was shot down. For the reason of it not then being suitable for walking out dress.
Let’s parse this out here.

So, something that helps visibility on a dark uniform, where an emergency would mean lights out, was not allowed because it “didn’t look good” when it’s used in the wrong context.

That’s almost as dumb as…well…having 2 types of the same uniform that can be potentially mixed up. One with fire retardant qualities, and one without.

I can imagine some RAN sailor packing the wrong uniforms on their deployment.

It is a different cam pattern from what they adopted 10 years or so ago. Also, it is available in two different fabrics; a sea version with FR properties and a shore version without.
I should have read the post lol

My bad.

What I want to know is how the Sea Training Group Chief has such a garbage-looking neckbeard. Sort yourself out Chief!

It's a full beard just trimmed very short. Zoom in and you can see it.

Also no up RAN dress and deportment standards.

Sorry, can someone enlighten me as to what benefit the camo pattern has in a maritime environment? Are you supposed to blend in with the bulkhead of the destroyer / frigate you're on?
I have the same question. Seems like everyone has SEAL envy.

Just to expand on this question…. Does he want to be seen or not?? 😅🤷🏼‍♂️

Back