• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Rampage vs Rashad

Eye In The Sky

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
1,985
Points
1,060
Anyone else watching UFC 114?

Main event just about to start.

I'm going with Rampage in the 1st round.
 

Duredain

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
10
Damn, I knew I was forgetting something tonight. Oh well. Rampage is going to take it fairly easily for sure.
 

Eye In The Sky

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
1,985
Points
1,060
::)

WTF was that...Rampage had him in the 3rd...and then backed off? 

I've seen better fights between us and the boys from up west back home in the Burger King parking lot growing up.

I paid $50 for that  ::)

I still think Evans is a pussy and can't stand and throw.
 

ballz

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
426
Points
910
If you think you got ripped off paying for UFC tonight, you haven't seen (or paid for at least) the last few UFC PPVs.

I am getting more and more sick of UFC PPVs, they water them down so much by having one every 2-4 weeks. Let alone the judging...

If the UFC doesn't want Strikeforce to sprint past it, it better buck up. I am sick of seeing them try and talk up fights like GSP vs Hardy as if one guy has a chance.
 

bdave

Full Member
Reaction score
0
Points
160
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMPRey_-Btg&feature=player_embedded
 

MedTechStudent

Sr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
210
Eye In The Sky said:
::)

WTF was that...Rampage had him in the 3rd...and then backed off? 

I've seen better fights between us and the boys from up west back home in the Burger King parking lot growing up.

I paid $50 for that  ::)

I still think Evans is a ***** and can't stand and throw.

Mhmm, glad one of the guys here at the shacks got it and saved my money for me.  Still holding out for the Liddell/Franklin fight coming up though.  Should be a good one.
 

Nauticus

Full Member
Reaction score
0
Points
210
Eye In The Sky said:
::)

WTF was that...Rampage had him in the 3rd...and then backed off? 

I've seen better fights between us and the boys from up west back home in the Burger King parking lot growing up.

I paid $50 for that  ::)

I still think Evans is a ***** and can't stand and throw.
No, Rampage is a pussy because he won't fight Rashad on the ground.

See how ridiculous and ignorant you sound?
 

4Feathers

Member
Reaction score
0
Points
210
If it's not a big event and I don't want to pay 50 beans to watch a second rate main bout, I just monitor it on one of the many free interweb sites like sportsliveblogger or something. Lately the UFC has relied on guys past their prime for the main events, like Liddel in  few weeks. For GSP or Anderson Silva it is usually worth the money.  Rampage was way too slow for Rashad.
 

Eye In The Sky

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
1,985
Points
1,060
Nauticus said:
No, Rampage is a ***** because he won't fight Rashad on the ground.

See how ridiculous and ignorant you sound?

1 question.  Have you ever fought/competed in any kind of MA or MMA before?

 

Eye In The Sky

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
1,985
Points
1,060
Bruce,

I didn't take it as insulting, just a comment from someone who probably never fought a day in his life.

Nauticus,

When you talk talk talk publicly that you are going to knock someone out, throw your best shot and don't, then spend the rest of the fight dancing and leaning, that makes you a pussy in my book.

Thats why the fight was so bad.  Evans made it sound the whole time like "I will stand toe to toe and trade with you and YOU are going to sleep".  He couldn't, so he leaned on him and made it a boring fight, compared to say, what I consider one of the best fights in UFC history, Stephan Bonnar vs. Forrest Griffin.

SO.  Thats what made me type what I type.  Where I grew up (Prince County, PEI) if you talked trash you best be able to back it up.  I also competed in some MA in the past and NEVER liked people who talked more than they could actually do.

Feel free to NOT read my posts if you don't like them.  When 2 guys are being hyped up as much as they were, I expect the fight to be a great fight, like Bonnar - Griffin was or some of the earliest UFCs were.  Not one guy leaning on the other for 15 minutes. 

:2c:

 

Nauticus

Full Member
Reaction score
0
Points
210
Eye In The Sky said:
1 question.  Have you ever fought/competed in any kind of MA or MMA before?

As a matter of fact, yes. I've been training and competing in BJJ, submission wrestling, Muai Thai, and a few amateur MMA events for just over 7 years.

But that is actually irrelevant. Rashad's style is wrestling. If you think he's a pussy because he didn't play directly into his opponent's strength, I'm just pointing out just how ass-backwards that is.

News flash: "Swinging for the fences" is not the end all, be all of manly fighting.
 

Nauticus

Full Member
Reaction score
0
Points
210
Eye In The Sky said:
Bruce,

I didn't take it as insulting, just a comment from someone who probably never fought a day in his life.

Nauticus,

When you talk talk talk publicly that you are going to knock someone out, throw your best shot and don't, then spend the rest of the fight dancing and leaning, that makes you a ***** in my book.

Thats why the fight was so bad.  Evans made it sound the whole time like "I will stand toe to toe and trade with you and YOU are going to sleep".  He couldn't, so he leaned on him and made it a boring fight, compared to say, what I consider one of the best fights in UFC history, Stephan Bonnar vs. Forrest Griffin.

SO.  Thats what made me type what I type.  Where I grew up (Prince County, PEI) if you talked trash you best be able to back it up.  I also competed in some MA in the past and NEVER liked people who talked more than they could actually do.

Feel free to NOT read my posts if you don't like them.  When 2 guys are being hyped up as much as they were, I expect the fight to be a great fight, like Bonnar - Griffin was or some of the earliest UFCs were.  Not one guy leaning on the other for 15 minutes. 

:2c:
I don't mean to sound insulting at all, but the fact of the matter is THIS IS MIXED MARTIAL ARTS. This is not an "Are You Tough Enough?" competition. This is professional mixed martial arts.

With that said, have you ever heard of a sport, anywhere, where both sides publicly state the strategy/game plan for the match, be it hockey, soccer, boxing, race car driving? Trash talk is trash talk, and nothing more.

I'm also not going to suggest that you don't compete, but I do, and the first thing I learned is that a fight is NEVER emotional. It's just like any other job, and fighting a fight on an emotional premise turns it into a fight, not an MMA match. There is a very big, notable difference.

But anyway, this is a pointless argument because you most likely have always hated Evans and you're just grabbing at straws to somehow justify Rampage's loss to him.

I guess it all boils down to it being Rampage's fault for lacking the necessary wrestling skill to counter Rashad's.
 

Bruce Monkhouse

Moderator
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Reaction score
2,383
Points
1,260
Its not like they are real men anyway...................they can't even take a friggin' chair shot to the head or get hit with barbed wire bats.
 

Eye In The Sky

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
1,985
Points
1,060
Actually...I thought they both performed "less than the hype".  I've no dislike for Evans because he is Evans.  I don't think he can go toe to toe with Rampage and trade 1 for 1.  Like he said he was going to do.  And then didn't.  So its not that he didn't play into Rampage left hook...its that he said one thing and then didn't do it.  I don't respect that much. 

I've been with UFC since the first one, back in the day so to speak, when I was still practicing MA and competing.  '93ish I think the first one was?

Nothing wrong with alittle debate.

Now...Bisping fought well...and Sanchez...hmmmmmmmm.  No comment  >:D
 

Eye In The Sky

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
1,985
Points
1,060
Bruce Monkhouse said:
Its not like they are real men anyway...................they can't even take a friggin' chair shot to the head or get hit with barbed wire bats.

Can we take that post as confirmation this thread is in the right sub-forum?  >:D
 

Nauticus

Full Member
Reaction score
0
Points
210
Eye In The Sky said:
Actually...I thought they both performed "less than the hype".  I've no dislike for Evans because he is Evans.  I don't think he can go toe to toe with Rampage and trade 1 for 1.  Like he said he was going to do.  And then didn't.  So its not that he didn't play into Rampage left hook...its that he said one thing and then didn't do it.  I don't respect that much. 

I've been with UFC since the first one, back in the day so to speak, when I was still practicing MA and competing.  '93ish I think the first one was?

Nothing wrong with alittle debate.

Now...Bisping fought well...and Sanchez...hmmmmmmmm.  No comment  >:D
Haha, yeah Sanchez left a little to be desired.

That said, with Evans, I totally agree that he couldn't stand toe to toe with Rampage. Which, I believe, is why he didn't. And I can't hate him for that. Honestly, if Rampage wants to stand up with Evans, maybe he should challenge him to a K-1 bout instead.
 

ballz

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
426
Points
910
Eye In The Sky said:
Actually...I thought they both performed "less than the hype"

That is the real story of the UFC for the last 15 or so isn't it?

I really wish they would cut their amount of PPVs in half and show 7 fights on a card. They wouldn't have to try and hype up fights that don't have a chance to live up to the build-up.
 

Eye In The Sky

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
1,985
Points
1,060
Nauticus said:
Haha, yeah Sanchez left a little to be desired.

That said, with Evans, I totally agree that he couldn't stand toe to toe with Rampage. Which, I believe, is why he didn't. And I can't hate him for that. Honestly, if Rampage wants to stand up with Evans, maybe he should challenge him to a K-1 bout instead.

I think he thought he could, nailed him with that one shot in the 1st, and then went "damn!  that was as good as it gets!".

He got the win, they bought seem game to do it again.  Is Mr White trying to get another Couture/Liddell trilogoy?  ;)
 
Top