• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ram 2500 Drivers Have the Most DUIs, More Than Twice the National Average

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's OK, they didn't mention 'Trucksticles' so you're safe :)

Ram 2500 Drivers Have the Most DUIs, More Than Twice the National Average: Report

Driving while intoxicated is undoubtedly one of the worst things you could do. It's responsible for about 10,000 deaths in the United States annually, which equals roughly one person every single hour. Statistically, drivers of certain vehicles are more often cited for driving under the influence than others, and the list is mostly made up of trucks and vehicles in the premium or luxury segments. With all that said, Ram 2500 drivers are by far the worst offenders.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/38238/ram-2500-drivers-have-the-most-duis-more-than-twice-the-national-average-report?fbclid=IwAR2Lp8fcogTwBtHIJBZLgm_-eBumxW-4Nv74rfH1q7cM0bvwHV1auRMwsk0

Saw something else where most trucks had gone to the aggressive looking square front ends even though it's bad on mileage because some people want something that looks more intimidating when tailgating.

Obviously doesn't apply to all pickup drivers, but there is definitely a segment likes to try and throw their weight around on the highway and ride on people's bumpers, which seems to overlap with the type that buy sporty short box pickups that aren't actually useful as pickups.

So then the inference is clear. We need to buy back everyone's Ram truck so that DUI go down.

Navy_Pete said:
Saw something else where most trucks had gone to the aggressive looking square front ends even though it's bad on mileage because some people want something that looks more intimidating when tailgating.

Obviously doesn't apply to all pickup drivers, but there is definitely a segment likes to try and throw their weight around on the highway and ride on people's bumpers, which seems to overlap with the type that buy sporty short box pickups that aren't actually useful as pickups.

There's few articles about trucks getting bigger, more dangerous for pedestrians and, ironically, less adapted to actually transport stuff :

https://theweek.com/articles/929196/case-against-american-truck-bloat

https://jalopnik.com/we-need-to-talk-about-truck-design-right-now-before-its-1830860270

ModlrMike said:
So then the inference is clear. We need to buy back everyone's Ram truck so that DUI go down.

Only if it's painted black & aggressive looking...  The other ones are fine.  Just not the scary looking black ones.    ^-^

DeweyDecimal said:
There's few articles about trucks getting bigger, more dangerous for pedestrians and, ironically, less adapted to actually transport stuff :

https://theweek.com/articles/929196/case-against-american-truck-bloat

https://jalopnik.com/we-need-to-talk-about-truck-design-right-now-before-its-1830860270

For a lot of truck drivers it’s a status thing and not a utility thing.  My brother in law can barely afford the gas but he has because “reasons”.  When we were building the cottage he couldn’t even bring up any of the tongue and groove.  We had to rend a cargo van.  But he’s in construction and needs it so he can show up at work with a truck he isn’t going to use.

Funny side note.  In the next zombie apocalypse truck drivers won’t do well.  Gas will be at a premium so you’ll want a small fuel efficient awd.

Remius said:

Funny side note.  In the next zombie apocalypse truck drivers won’t do well.  Gas will be at a premium so you’ll want a small fuel efficient awd.

So a Tesla 3 with a large roof-mounted induction coil parking under hydro power lines isn’t such a bad idea after all? ;D

Good2Golf said:
So a Tesla 3 with a large roof-mounted induction coil parking under hydro power lines isn’t such a bad idea after all? ;D

Nice optimism that in the zombie apocalypse the power grid will remain intact and functional...

Remius said:
For a lot of truck drivers it’s a status thing and not a utility thing.  My brother in law can barely afford the gas but he has because “reasons”.  When we were building the cottage he couldn’t even bring up any of the tongue and groove.  We had to rend a cargo van.  But he’s in construction and needs it so he can show up at work with a truck he isn’t going to use.

In any apocalypse, everything will be at a premium. I'm going to focus on Maslow's two basic needs.

Weinie said:
In any apocalypse, everything will be at a premium. I'm going to focus on Maslow's two basic needs.

Scented candles and vodka?

Weinie said:
That is Maslov. You have been reading the wrong author.

Or Molotov, who combined both...

Remius said:
For a lot of truck drivers it’s a status thing and not a utility thing.

Not really different than an expensive car. My old man isn't very materialistic, but now that he's pretty wealthy the one thing he does like to have is a nice new truck which he only puts about 10,000 km/year on, and he's earned it. He has never cared for nice cars, just always wanted a nice truck.

I'm less materialistic than ever, my truck is a 2011. When I owned a house I dunno how people own houses without them (but again, it's a lifestyle thing... I tend to do my own handy work and as much of my own stuff as possible cause I enjoy it, some people can't stand it and just pay someone), but now I live in a condo so it's utility is sporadic... I find it more comfortable for long trips, camping, etc., but other than that a car would be more efficient.

But it's got very low KM / great condition, so the dealer is always after me to trade it in for something new. I did go and test drive one, they're beautiful, but the thing I loved most about the newer truck was stupid simple things like having an outlet built into the tailgate, stuff that I can do myself for fun. No way was I going back to paying $500-600/month over a power outlet. But some people do!

Good2Golf said:
Or Molotov, who combined both...

I may be wrong, but believe he is known for a version of a Roman candle and vodka. 

Navy_Pete said:
Saw something else where most trucks had gone to the aggressive looking square front ends...
Dreadful sightlines for the driver, and the tailgate's migrated to around five-ton height, just to make things even better. Really no explanation for the continued bloat other than style: not like beds have grown by much, if anything, and even a crew cab only needs to be so big. When the old blue Ford crew cabs start looking small and "handy" by comparison, it's getting a bit ridiculous.

I haven't driven one, but appreciate what Toyota's done with the Tundra: that rounded-down snub nose looks ideal for the driver.

Back