• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RAF F-35 fighter crashes in Mediterranean

Ping Monkey

Reaction score
Probe after British F-35 fighter crashes in Mediterranean:

A British F-35 fighter jet has crashed into the sea during a routine operation in the Mediterranean, the Ministry of Defence has said.
The pilot ejected and has safely returned to the Royal Navy aircraft carrier HMS Queen Elizabeth and an investigation has begun, the MoD added.

Aviation in general is unforgiving at the best of times. Naval aviation takes unforgiving to new levels. Carrier ops are pretty much off the unforgiving scale.

I could be a fair statement as not every F-35 is made equal…
Do you honestly think that Reddit user ‘jfnwavywhiteboy’ knows the difference between a RAF and IAF F-35 to warrant including Israel on their list of nations that would want to get a hold of the incident UK F-35B?

Do you honestly think that Reddit user ‘jfnwavywhiteboy’ knows the difference between a RAF and IAF F-35 to warrant including Israel on their list of nations that would want to get a hold of the incident UK F-35B?
I have no idea but I have come to learn not to make assumptions in life.

I have no idea but I have come to learn not to make assumptions in life.
On the balance of probabilities, I’m comfortable assuming that jfnwavywhiteboy included Israel on the list of nations that would like to get a hold of F-35 technology, because they don’t know any better. I reason that if they do/did know better, they wouldn’t be chirping about it on Reddit.

Am I naive in assuming the sophistication of the F35 would have given warnings to the pilot/and or self-aborted the takeoff when it was clear that sufficient thrust wasn't being developed for the given type of launch?
It doesn’t take a 5th Gen Aircraft to tell you you’re not close to V2min (Min safe takeoff speed). Heck, this pilot didn’t look like they were even close to V1 (max reject speed).

It doesn’t take a 5th Gen Aircraft to tell you you’re not close to V2min (Min safe takeoff speed). Heck, this pilot didn’t look like they were even close to V1 (max reject speed).
Failed Taxi method.

Back