• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Questions For BOSN and NCIOP

Giovanna

Inactive
Reaction score
1. Is there a math course within the occupational training?
If so, what type of math and how much time is spent learning it?

2. What parts of the trade require spatial abilities or visual abilities?

3. What is the failure rate within the occupational training?

4. What is the percentage of females within the trade?

5. What are common injuries within the trade?

6. What are the greatest challenges (and for female soldiers) within the occupational training, the trade itself and the environment?

7. What types of crime occur within the trade/environment?

8. What are the fitness facilities like on a ship and what type of sports is there if any? (Can soldiers play touch-rugby on a ship?)

9.Which CFFS is better, Esquimalt, British Columbia or Halifax, Nova Scotia? 

10. What is it like working in the arctic?

Thanks
Gio

1. Is there a math course within the occupational training?
If so, what type of math and how much time is spent learning it?

2. What parts of the trade require spatial abilities or visual abilities?

3. What is the failure rate within the occupational training?

4. What is the percentage of females within the trade?

5. What are common injuries within the trade?

6. What are the greatest challenges (and for female soldiers) within the occupational training, the trade itself and the environment?

8. What are the fitness facilities like on a ship and what type of sports is there if any? (Can soldiers play touch-rugby on a ship?)

9.Which CFFS is better, Esquimalt, British Columbia or Halifax, Nova Scotia? 

Thanks
Gio

Giovanna said:

7. Why dont you just ask what youre actually looking for? This is a bizarre question.

10. Its cold. And on a ship you visit small communities for a few hours, sometimes overnight. Other times you'll be in Yellowknife, Churchill, or Iqaluit for a few days as a public thing- recruiting, community relations etc. You might hit a few spots on the Nunaviq coast as you go up.....which is alot like Nunavut but frencher.

I was in a town at the end of the treeline. It was very interesting to see the abrupt stop of tiny trees.

You may get to cross into the Arctic Circle and be a bluenoser. The open water/wind in the Arctic is cold even in Summer most of the time.

Yellowknife?? That'd be quite the portage?
Gio:
If you let some of us know the 'why' (people don't generally ask about injury or crime rates within a specific trade), it may put your query in perspective and produce more 'useful' responses.

Pat

Pat in Halifax said:
Yellowknife?? That'd be quite the portage?

she said working- I know of several combined exercises that included stop overs in Yellowknife and some medivacs from sails that went to YK.

So....less than the others.....but it COULD happen...

Container said:
she said working- I know of several combined exercises that included stop overs in Yellowknife and some medivacs from sails that went to YK.

So....less than the others.....but it COULD happen...
Also asking about two hard sea trades. I can say with certainty that an RCN ship has never visited 'the port' of Yellowknife!! I assume the OP meant what is it like working (on a ship) in the Arctic...no?
I have not done an OP NANOOK but I am sure some on here have and can probably provide some input on that.

The Op might have been asking what is it like working as a Bosun on HMCS YELLOWNIFE in the Arctic?

:)

Pat in Halifax said:
Also asking about two hard sea trades. I can say with certainty that an RCN ship has never visited 'the port' of Yellowknife!! I assume the OP meant what is it like working (on a ship) in the Arctic...no?
I have not done an OP NANOOK but I am sure some on here have and can probably provide some input on that.

Yes Pat. No ship or entire ships company has ever visited Yellowknife. However- several Bosn's have. I was there and assisted the travel.

Edit- and one NCIOP for something else. I wouldnt generally remember an NCIOP but he's a buddy of mine so he stood out.

As for on a ship. LOL. No.

Back