• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Questions about updating my file

PrettyMaggie63

Inactive
Reaction score
I started the application process in January of this year. I had my interview, medical, and all checks done but was then rejected by the MRO due to an "as needed" medication. I was not out right rejected, but "put on hold" until next May, when a year has passed since I have stopped taken the medication.
I was told during the process I couldn't make any updates to my file as this would give me an unfair advantage over other applicants. I am taking several upgrading courses, such as advance math, chemistry, biology, and physics,  through adult education to improve my high school transcripts (I do have my diploma).
Recently, my town was struck by an F3 tornado and there was major devastation. We have been out every day cleaning and helping those that have lost everything in every possible way. My son and I are on the volunteer fan out list to take on any job as it is needed, and all this around my regular work schedule, as I am one of the lucky few who still has a job to go to.
I am not doing any this to be a "hero", it is in my nature to help others when I can.
My question is, a lot has happened in the last week, and month, that I can add to my file when it is re-opened. Will I be able to update it then, or will it still have to sit "status quo"?

I was told during the process I couldn't make any updates to my file as this would give me an unfair advantage over other applicants.

First time I have ever heard of that.  I thought that was the whole point.  Next time you sit down with the recruiter tell them every thing that you have been doing since the last time and they will add it to your file if it is relevant to your file.

kincanucks said:
I was told during the process I couldn't make any updates to my file as this would give me an unfair advantage over other applicants.

First time I have ever heard of that.  I thought that was the whole point.  Next time you sit down with the recruiter tell them every thing that you have been doing since the last time and they will add it to your file if it is relevant to your file.
Same here, I was asked several times throughout the application process if I had any updates to make regarding education,work...etc.

PrettyMaggie63 said:
I started the application process in January of this year. I had my interview, medical, and all checks done but was then rejected by the MRO due to an "as needed" medication. I was not out right rejected, but "put on hold" until next May, when a year has passed since I have stopped taken the medication.
I was told during the process I couldn't make any updates to my file as this would give me an unfair advantage over other applicants. I am taking several upgrading courses, such as advance math, chemistry, biology, and physics,  through adult education to improve my high school transcripts (I do have my diploma).
Recently, my town was struck by an F3 tornado and there was major devastation. We have been out every day cleaning and helping those that have lost everything in every possible way. My son and I are on the volunteer fan out list to take on any job as it is needed, and all this around my regular work schedule, as I am one of the lucky few who still has a job to go to.
I am not doing any this to be a "hero", it is in my nature to help others when I can.
My question is, a lot has happened in the last week, and month, that I can add to my file when it is re-opened. Will I be able to update it then, or will it still have to sit "status quo"?

Goderich, eh? Irrelevant but I heard it was pretty bad. I agree with the prior posts. There's no reason why you shouldnt be able to update your file. You have the right to create an advantage for yourself over other applicants. That's the whole point of competition is it not?

+1 in fact I was just in touch with the RC in Ottawa to tell them I was moving and that I would have a change of address to add to my file. They responded telling me to get the info to them asap.

Back